Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reading engine oil pressure sensor

Advanced Tuner
    Like MAP sensors, IAT sensors and others, the oil pressure sensor may be calibrated differently depending on application. I use the Corvette sensors in the proper location and get logical results. I have not seen anywhere to adjust the calibration or offset of the oil pressure sensor like you can for IAT or MAP and some others.

Ok.. ill try to find the Y-body sensor and see if that works
    2001 Jimmy ,L31 with marine intake,CPC conversion,Nv3500 5 speed,SAS,Dana 44's front and rear,4.30 gears..

Advanced Tuner
    Look for part number AC Delco D1846A on Amazon or at your parts store. It's $25 on Amazon and typically higher at the local parts places. 2004 Corvette is the application.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    2006... Wow. I think that takes the record for what I've seen.

The F-Body and trucks have the sensor wired directly to the cluster.

To get oil pressure through the PCM you need a Y-Body sensor and wire it into the PCM (3 wires).
    No segment swap required, just enable under system tab. I have a couple working without issue.

When you do this, you will lose the gauge in the dash unless you add the sensor in a different location and keep the original. This may be a problem as it is threaded for the normal location.

Reviving an old thread for the 2nd time

What pins are you wiring the 3 wire oil pressure sensor in to? I see 2 listed on lt1swap but not the 3rd.

Thanks in advance!