Thread: Does doing a "Write Calibration" reset any learned values?

Advanced Tuner

Does doing a "Write Calibration" reset any learned values?

I've always been curious - whenever you do a Write Calibration, do any of the ECM/TCM "learned" values get reset automatically? Or do they ONLY get reset if you specifically reset them from the Scanner app?

Thank you!
    Last edited by jtrosky; 06-06-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Which values are you talking about? I've found fuel trims to remain and not be reset except with the scanner.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Advanced Tuner
    I'm talking about ANY "learned" values (tranmission adaptives, fuel trim and/or anything else that is "learned" over time). I just get the feeling that everytime I write a calibration that something gets reset... Could just be my imagination too though.

On a related note - does KR get "learned" over time - or does KR just affect the advance during the current drive cycle?

Thanks for the response!

It varies by ecm type but anytime you change the torque output the trans adapts. A master relearn is done to determine clutch fill and release times and its in the code not the calibration. If Spark retard is reset and you have too much timing in you high octane table you will get KR and detonation the first time you accelerate