Thread: 2009 FG Spanish Oak Fail-MAYBE

Advanced Tuner

2009 FG Spanish Oak Fail-MAYBE

Howdy all just chucking it out there,

I've wasted a few hours trying to read a 2009 FG XR6 N/a 6 speed manual, with either 2.24 or 2.25 it comes up with fail to initialize ignition sequence, but then I leave everything wired the same (bench or in car) & plug a 2007 BF Spanish Oak controller & it reads fine?

I have asked HPT support about it but they say it can only be the controller on it's way out, but it has no issues apart from the fact I can't get a read of it, I'm thinking maybe it needs a higher FEPS signal, but not sure why the 2007 wouldn't need the same.

Cheers GrantSTILL FAIL FG VCM.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    Howdy all just chucking it out there,

I've wasted a few hours trying to read a 2009 FG XR6 N/a 6 speed manual, with either 2.24 or 2.25 it comes up with fail to initialize ignition sequence, but then I leave everything wired the same (bench or in car) & plug a 2007 BF Spanish Oak controller & it reads fine?

I have asked HPT support about it but they say it can only be the controller on it's way out, but it has no issues apart from the fact I can't get a read of it, I'm thinking maybe it needs a higher FEPS signal, but not sure why the 2007 wouldn't need the same.

Cheers GrantSTILL FAIL FG VCM.PNG
    That is a strange one. If one PCM works, and another does not, it has to be something with that specific PCM.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

mine says that every now and then .when you tell it not to read the trans.or write to trans.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah Eric it does seem like it may be a PCM fault, but I just wasn't sure with it being a different service number & 2 years newer if people knew whather they may need extra voltage to PCM or FEPS over the older controller's.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv09 View Post
    mine says that every now and then .when you tell it not to read the trans.or write to trans.
    Interesting to hear I have seen similar with the Beta software on the Alloytec PCM's too when trying to disregard the TCM, but with this 2009 Spanish Oak as it's a manual PCM it's a bit hard to tell it to read the TCM!