Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Challenger SRT MAP scale doesn't change readings

Tuner in Training

2015 Challenger SRT MAP scale doesn't change readings

As title says, the MAP scale value has no effect on the actual readings. We have installed a 2Bar MAP and Whipple charger, but the readings are exactly half of what is expected. Attempted to raise the values even higher and it reads as a 1 bar sensor. What am I missing ?

the Injector scaling will be wrong in this tune to suit the MAP readings, so I don't recommend copying anything from this tune!

Kevin Coder - 2015 Challenger SRT8 - Whipple.hpt

BH Factory Tune 3.hpt

baro testing.hpl

Tuner in Training
    says im not authorized to view the file after I download it?

"In order to view/edit/write 2015 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM files your interface must be authorized to do so. We typically only authorize your MPVI once you have sent in a PCM for modification. This helps prevent accidental licenses/writes to the PCM without having the PCM modification done first."

yeah I haven't done one so there.
    Last edited by R/TErnie; 06-10-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Senior Tuner
    With the engine off, key in the on position, what voltage does the sensor read? I am guessing you were sent a 1Bar sensor from Whipple in error. You could also swap back in the factory sensor and see if the readings are the same, leaving the tune unchanged.

Senior Tuner
    Just opened your log, can you post what you have for your MAP sensor settings? Offset, min, max?

Tuner in Training
    2bar MAP settings.GIF

Same settings I use in CMR software - Baro/MAP reads what you would expect it to if you installed a 2bar but did NOT update this scaling.

Tuner in Training
    R/TErnie, You have to have 2.25 Beta and have access added by HPT

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    With the engine off, key in the on position, what voltage does the sensor read? I am guessing you were sent a 1Bar sensor from Whipple in error. You could also swap back in the factory sensor and see if the readings are the same, leaving the tune unchanged.
    Sensor is a 2bar - removed and verified part number, voltage is reporting properly from the sensor as well

Tuner in Training
    So changing the map sensor scaling or offset has no effect on the measured pressure? Sounds like you have a bad address location (unlikely since the OEM values were correct) or a bug in the VCM Editor. If you save and open the binary are the values still changed? Are you sure you flashed the modified calibration (I know... right)

Senior Tuner
    Try disabling "sensed MAP" and take another reading.

Tuner in Training
    06300CSRT8, What does sensed map actually do?

Senior Tuner
    I don't have 100% of it grasped yet but the different MAPs are Sensed, Read, and Average. I believe READ is calculated based on all the other parameters (RPM, the various factors programmed in the tune, IATs, Baro pressure, etc) but is not the ACTUAL reading on the MAP sensor. Its part of the entire Neural Logic Dodge uses, don't take my word for 100% certainty I am still figuring out these overly complex systems.

My guess is the changes to the MAP sensor voltages and offset only effect the output of the READ MAP.

That's actually a good point, original poster before changing anything I would add the three channels of all the MAP sensor readings to your log and see that they are all consistent.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 06-10-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Tuner in Training
    From the DS Forums....

they state to log 3 differend PID's

SENSED MAP
    kPa
    MAP TO USE
    kPa
    READ MAP KPA
    kPa

I wonder why the NN would make changes to the MAP reading... it's in control over the MAP to MAF conversion via the NN VE Model? Seems odd. The more I ask the more questions i have lol

Quote Originally Posted by CTP View Post
    As title says, the MAP scale value has no effect on the actual readings. We have installed a 2Bar MAP and Whipple charger, but the readings are exactly half of what is expected. Attempted to raise the values even higher and it reads as a 1 bar sensor. What am I missing ?

the Injector scaling will be wrong in this tune to suit the MAP readings, so I don't recommend copying anything from this tune!

Kevin Coder - 2015 Challenger SRT8 - Whipple.hpt

BH Factory Tune 3.hpt

baro testing.hpl
    We apologize for the inconvenience. Please download the latest beta (2.25.2129 or newer) from your customer page and try again.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    We apologize for the inconvenience. Please download the latest beta (2.25.2129 or newer) from your customer page and try again.

Downloaded the latest beta. Map sensor appears to be reading correctly now except for when I get into boost. Highest reading the map sensor will show is 110kpa. We are seeing around 6 psi of boost at redline.
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports
    Dyno Tuning and Remote Tuning For Ford - GM - Chrysler Vehicles

Click Here For Dyno Tune Motorsports

1988 Ford Mustang GT INCON Systems TT
    331 Cubic Inches - Corn - 808 RWHP 918 RWTQ

Senior Tuner
    Cant open your tune but Engine Diag>Airflow>Map Max and Map Min, make sure they are updated to the current Map sensor.

Cant open your tune but Engine Diag>Airflow>Map Max and Map Min, make sure they are updated to the current Map sensor.
    Set to a Max of 315 and a Min of 1

I wonder if these tables need fixed as well.
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Chassis Dyno View Post
    Set to a Max of 315 and a Min of 1

I wonder if these tables need fixed as well.
    Likely, because the factory setting is 110kPa, which is what you are seeing.

Likely, because the factory setting is 110kPa, which is what you are seeing.
    Hopefully Mark checks this thread out soon.
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports

ORG - Original
    DTM - Modified

FA Fueling is a hacked mess due to the fact I can not get the map sensor to read over 110 kpa
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports