Thread: spark minimum torque reduction

Tuner

spark minimum torque reduction

i want to know what a spark min tq reduction do if i change it

it will be effect in KR

Senior Tuner
    The values in this table are the lowest spark advance values allowed when torque management is active, I am not 100% sure but I believe this table supersedes the basic min spark table once torque management is active. This is different than the process of knock retard, however. This table is used during the entire commanded versus actual/calculated torque process, whereas the knock retard is a process that occurs AFTER everything is calculated and fuel/spark is applied, if the sensors see preignition it will react by pulling timing.

If you want to lower the knock retard and you're sure you don't have true knock, you need to raise your voltage thresholds on the knock sensors themselves. I believe most boosted/built blocks typically need their thresholds raised by 5-10% but don't quote me.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    The values in this table are the lowest spark advance values allowed when torque management is active, I am not 100% sure but I believe this table supersedes the basic min spark table once torque management is active. This is different than the process of knock retard, however. This table is used during the entire commanded versus actual/calculated torque process, whereas the knock retard is a process that occurs AFTER everything is calculated and fuel/spark is applied, if the sensors see preignition it will react by pulling timing.

If you want to lower the knock retard and you're sure you don't have true knock, you need to raise your voltage thresholds on the knock sensors themselves. I believe most boosted/built blocks typically need their thresholds raised by 5-10% but don't quote me.
    Thanks for your help and guidance

How do I know if I have true knock !?

Senior Tuner
    Pull a plug, inspect for aluminum on the electrode strap.

Can you go into more detail on where and when you are seeing KR? Post up a log.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Pull a plug, inspect for aluminum on the electrode strap.

Can you go into more detail on where and when you are seeing KR? Post up a log.
    12.hpl

this is the final log