Thread: read file from another tuned vehicle, now failed checksum

Tuner in Training

Talking read file from another tuned vehicle, now failed checksum

I have been struggling to correct a tunning issue that seems to plague turbo 3v mustangs and its seems noone has solved this issue using hp tuners. I have a friend of a friend with very similar turbo 3v setup who just had his car dyno tuned using diablo software by a reputable tuner and he does not my issue.

Last night I read his PCM and saved it to my laptop. It read fine but at the end of the read a long winded error about checksum validation failed came up and i was still given the option to save it so i did. I then rescanned it and the same error came up at the end so I saved it a second time under a differnt name so I have 2 copies. Upon opening the file to read today i get "file failed vallidation check" and it will not open. I have searched and read of some people being able to select "fix errors"or something to that affect but I donot have that option. Is there a way for me to "fix" this file so i can look at it and possible find my error/fix?

How about going as far as using his tune as a base (changing only the tables that i need to. I have an auto and his is a manual so that would mean alot of changes in the transmission side)? I am suspicious that hptuners might not have the table available that I need to solve this issue and it will have been already taken care of in my friends tune. Is this a bad idea?

I have attached my friends file. Is there a way to "fix"it to make it useable at least just to view?

I have 2.24
    Attached Files Attached Files
    05 mustang GT with 3v 5.0 and a 2.3 whipple

Advanced Tuner
    You wouldn't want to save his calibration to your vehicle, you just want to save the differing parameters. If Ford is like GM, the internal options for transmission are more than just an on/off switch - even though there is an on/off switch.

The file opens fine in Beta 2.25.2136. Contact support to gain access to 2.25. There are a lot of parameters and vehicle configurations in 2.25 that aren't available in 2.24.

Out of curiosity, what is the problem you refer to with the vehicle?

Tuner in Training
    I have a lean tip in condition that gets better as the car gets closer to operating temp. Seems like a accel pump shot type table is missing. I've played with manifold volume and fuel transients with some success but nothing fully gets rid of it.
    05 mustang GT with 3v 5.0 and a 2.3 whipple