Thread: Change start/finish on a stored session

Potential Tuner

Change start/finish on a stored session

Hi all

I downloaded and installed the TrackAddict app on the iPhone and recorded two turns/sessions. Unfortunately, the start/finish wasn't set correctly for my track, resulting all data in one big lap.

1. Is there a way to "split" the stored session data into different laps ?
    2. Is there a pc software to do that ? I'm not interested in video overlay or such things - just would like to split that sessions into laps

thanks in advance

Which track were you on that had a problem? I can try to improve it if it was something that was predefined by the app, or add it if it wasn't. Missed start/finish points typically happen if there was a GPS quality problem, if the first lap was first triggered with an incorrect heading, or of course if the start/finish point was set incorrectly.

The RaceRender desktop software is able to recalculate lap times for circuit tracks...

To transfer your session from TrackAddict into RaceRender, you can use the WiFi transfer option when your iPhone is on the same WiFi network as your computer:
    1) Launch RaceRender, and go to File -> "Receive Files over Network / WiFi"
    2) Open the session in TrackAddict, tap the "Share" button, then select "WiFi Transfer"
    3) Your computer should show up in the list, so just tap on it to start the transfer, or press "Refresh" if it doesn't appear

Alternatively, iTunes File Sharing can also be used to access the session files on your iPhone.

Once you get your session data into RaceRender, just go to the Input Files list, click to select your data file, and then click the small checkered flag icon above it. The screen that appears will let you click and drag a slider to choose the start/finish point on the track, or you can set specific coordinates if you wish. Sometimes increasing the Tolerance and Heading Tolerance settings can help with these situations too.

Potential Tuner
    Thank for your answers.

I was on the Circuit of Anneau du Rhin. I believe to remember that the s/f was set to the far end of the track (from the point of view of the paddock). A a position one doesn't come along if driving on the short-circuit only.
    After importing i recognized, that the s/f was set on the paddock. Maybe because i used the "record now" option.

Because i was abroad, i turned of data roaming - that way see the track in the "set s/f screen". As a suggestion, it would be helpful, if the s/f line could also be set in offline-mode as well, maybe based on a picture/line drawing of the track beforehand or based on a recorded session after wards.

Now that i was able to import the data into RaceRenderer i'm wondering how to "analyze" the data a bit more indept, i.e. split the track into sections

Thanks for letting me know. I see what you mean... The standard start/finish point appears to serve most everything except for their 2.0 km "petit" circuit. The next app update will include this, along with this track's other circuits, so you should be able to select based on the name.

At this time, RaceRender does not have a way to define sector splits, only full laps... That's a feature that I hope to enable in TrackAddict in the near future, and then those improvements would likely become part of RaceRender as well at a later point.