Thread: Interface Not Found Error

Tuner in Training

Interface Not Found Error

Hi everyone,
    I just received my HPTuners in the mail yesterday. Here are the basics
    * 2004 Corvette LS1
    * I am continually receiveing the "The interface was not found or is not responding" error. I loaded the drivers per the instructions and my computer does recognize the MPVI under the hardware tree. The green power light comes on when connected to the USB port and I am not receiving any other laptop errors. I followed the directions many times when connecting the main cable to the OBDII port under the dash. Connecting the MPVI under the dash does light the green power light. I have tried several combinations and orders of connecting everything together and still get the same error each time.
    * IBM T41 Windows 2000 SP4, Intel Pentium M at 1.6 ghz 528mb of RAM

I have found that my computer does not recognize two seperate channels, it only loads one driver and names the device FTDI FT8U2XX. I tried installing everything on my wife's computer running XP Home and it recognized both channels and worked the way it was supposed two. I have to assume at this point that it is an issue with W2K SP4? Has any one else got this to work on W2K? I do not have the option to upgrade this machine to XP since it is a work related PC. Thanks for the help everyone.

Tuner in Training
    Just in case anyone else has this problem in the future....thanks again to Ken for getting back to me and helping me through this

1) If FTDI A,B are seen and not HP Tuners MPVI Channel A, B, right click on FTDI A and uninstall. Do the same for FTDI B.
    2) Unplug the MPVI.
    3) Unzip the USB driver files (if you downloaded them).
    4) Plug the MPVI back in.
    5) This time when Windows finds a new device, manually select the drivers in in the unzipped folder or CD. When all is said and done, the USB device needs to report "HP Tuners MPVI Channel A" and "HP Tuners MPVI Channel B". If not the driver have not loaded properly.

If Windows refuses to load the correct drivers, repeat step 1 but this time do not unplug the MPVI.. Right click on whatever windows installed for the MPVI and select "Update Driver". Now point Windows to the folder where the drivers are.