Thread: Current OS not available for 3Bar

Tuner in Training

Current OS not available for 3Bar

Hey guys,

First post, but lots of reading I have done. I cant figure this one out.
    I have a 2001 GMC Sierra harness and ECM in my Nova. Im doing a turbo setup, so wanted to go to 3bar right from the get go since my plans are in the 18-20 PSI range. I read entireECM, Licensed the ECM, went to go to enhancements and only 2bar was available. Now i didn't run the enhancement for fear of loosing more credits.

Now what are my options to either switch to an os that will work on theECM, or anotherECM.

I would like to just keep this ECM, and not have to loose any more credits (minus the ones i plan on spending for enhancement) How ever if spending 2 more credits is needed i can deal.

Attached are my bone stock file and my file for my start up with the zo6 cam.

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You need to update your software to the absolute newest version...go to the customer center and download 2.24 again...OS enhancements are now free.

After you do that, you should find a 2002 file to use...they're compatible with your PCM (same hardware) and there are many improvements from GM as well as 3 bar support. I'd recommend going to 2002 12212156.

It will cost you 2 credits to change to the 2002 OS, but it will be free to enhance it to 3 bar.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Thank you! Now I download a 2002 stock file and register it when i flash to my ecm, correct? I have to do an entire write?

Senior Tuner
    Yes you have to do a write entire, and yes it should ask you to register it when you open it. Make sure it's already correct for your transmission setup so you're not in a bind with the wrong file to start from.

I'd register it, and then apply the 3-bar enhancement, then I'd do the write entire to the PCM...if you flash in the stock file with a write entire first, you have to again when you apply the 3-bar enhancement, and there's no sense in doing that twice, it takes a while, and if you unplug something while it's writing, or your laptop has a problem, you're screwed...so why risk it twice when you only need to risk it once?
    Last edited by MikeOD; 06-19-2015 at 08:41 AM.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Thank you MikeOD, I REALLY appreciate then insight.

Hi i have the same problem as OP but with a 2004 6.0.. so what i need to do is just find any 2004 6.0 file from the Tune Repository and do as you told OP or do i need the same OS as mine, cause i found a file in the TR that had the same OS as mine but it too only had the 2bar.. so i dont need a segment swap, but if i did i would have to use it from the same OS, but since i need to change my OS i can just use any OS from a P59 controller ?

sorry im just so confused.. been trying to figure this out since 2013...

neways thanks Monty