Thread: write entire now unknown vin

Potential Tuner

write entire now unknown vin

I recently swapped a out a 2009 5.3 with a 2008 6.2. Was able to disable my d.o.d. on my factory 5.3 ecm and get my 6.2 running. Had some issues with the tune assuming it was because it was a 5.3 tune. So downloaded a 2008 escalade tune off of hp tuners repository and attempted writing it. During the initial write I was prompted with an operating system message and said I would have to use the write entire option instead of the write calibration. So I did that. The tune loaded but my truck won't stay running. So I then tried to reload my factory settings but now I'm getting an unrecognized vin error message and neither my old vin or the downloaded vin will work. What do I do now? I've burned credits and need my truck asap

Potential Tuner
    So I waited overnight and was praying when I checked my truck this morning everything would be all good. Wishful thinking...Seems my write entire changed my vcm VIN to some funky letter/symbols of another language and now shows as a Saturn Vue V6. Since I no longer know what the ViN is I cannot do anything in HP tuners. So I've used 4 credits licensing 2 vehicles, my original ecm and this downloaded setup off of the hp tuners tune repository. and I'm currently stuck with a truck that wont run. I need some help on What to do. I still have a backup ecm from donor escalade my motor came out of but I don't want to screw it up. Please help!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    So is that pcm now trash or can I have it reset by someone? I have another pcm from an 2008 escalade that my motor came out of, can I get this pcm to work with my truck and if so how do I go about not corrupting the pcm?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The pcm is trash.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

The other PCM wouldnt work either, the escalades run a 6 speed transmission and I'd just guess that your truck being an 09 came with a 4 speed unless it's a crew cab.

I'd just get a new pcm for your truck and start tuning it to support the 6.2 motor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Actually plugged my other one in and all I had to do was reset my keys for the security deal and truck fired right up. Lesson learned. Wont be messing with this pcm. Definitely going to buy a junkyard pcm for 60 bucks on ebay and mess with it. Aint worth the risk of not having a truck. What settings make the best changes? I've looked around and I don't even know where to start on this programmer? so far I've just turned my D.o.D off. And I have a crew cab with the 6 speed tranny, and also got the tranny and transfer case out of the escalade just in case my drivetrain can't handle the 6.2 motor.