Thread: Transient Fueling Question

Tuner

Transient Fueling Question

Hey guys,

I fitted up an FG intake and throttle body to my territory a while back.

Before I fitted it up I measured the volume of it which was 4.5L.
    Does anyone change the manifold volume to a lower value or do you just leave it?
    I know that Nizpro change it to 5.5L from 7.25L
    What would this achieve?

Is this something that ford only have access to a parameter that does the calculation?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bugsy; 06-21-2015 at 05:44 AM.

Funny timing

Was having a discussion today about this with a top bloke

It came to a quick conclusion that this should not be labeled ( plenum size/area ) but should be labeled " fuel tip in " and would clear any confusion

In such a way i can offer you any advice you would like but what do you now make of what i said about it ? Hope it has helped as it did me
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner
    Jet,
    Thank you for clearing that up.

Time I learn about Fuel tip in....

Advanced Tuner
    Let me know what the result is, I haven't actually played with this at all yet. Wondering if the greater the volume, the more fuel is added on tip in and vice versa?
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Don't waste your time changing it, ford hasn't changed it since 2002.

Potential Tuner
    Why does changing this have no effect? I have tried 1 litre and 20 litres. It did nothing at all. I also tried changing the pump shot gain setting under transient fueling to 10 and then zero. No change to lambda on tip in at all. There must be multiplier tables missing that are set to zero??.

I have a slight lean tip in issue im trying to fix but and my fuel trims are 1-2% so I don't want to alter my injector settings. Anyone add any information or know anything about these transient settings that are there but do not work?

Advanced Tuner
    Play with injector break point and base fuel table.

HP isn’t perfect with the barra stuff