Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Srt4 ve histogram

Srt4 ve histogram

I'd appreciate some help creating a p ratio pid and a histogram for ve ltft+stft tuning.

Potential Tuner
    in for info also... still waiting on being able to view kr log and a few other pids

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, it's weird that the 2.25 scanner has seemingly gone from offering a small sense of hope (with PIDs that were listed but didn't respond or record) to no hope at all with all those unresponsive PIDs having been completely removed from the PID lists.

At this point, we have nothing more than what is available in the 2.24 scanner; such as Engine Speed, Coolant Temp, TPS, Ignition Advance, Intake Air Temp, Vehicle Speed, and LT/ST Fuel Trim.

Anyone in the know, is this still being worked on for the NGC3 SRT-4 PCMs? I mean, I'm sure it's "in the pipeline", but is it currently being actively worked on?

Senior Tuner
    Making this specific histogram does not require any further work by HP, you have everything you need. You need to add a custom PID that is MAP to USE divided by BARO, you have both PIDs in the current version. I haven't made a histogram yet in 2.25 but following any number of histogram instructions will get you there.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Making this specific histogram does not require any further work by HP, you have everything you need. You need to add a custom PID that is MAP to USE divided by BARO, you have both PIDs in the current version. I haven't made a histogram yet in 2.25 but following any number of histogram instructions will get you there.
    Never have been able to get the BARO pid to log in 2.24. Haven't tried in 2.25, though. I have a custom PID I use for P-Ratio in 2.24 that has worked fine for my needs (just uses an assumed BARO pressure - is usually within 1 kpa + or - of actual).

I'm more piggybacking off of this existing thread to see if there is any news on the horizon for the many other PIDs that cannot be logged currently that would be extremely helpful. Things like Boost Control Duty Cycle, Calculated Airmass, Calculated Engine Load (Torque), Knock Retard, Commanded FA, etc...

Senior Tuner
    To clarify, are you asking for those PIDs to be worked on in the 2.24 or 2.25? I don't think any more work is planned for the 2.24, everything is being deployed in the 2.25 version. Have you checked for these PIDs to be working in 2.25? I would be surprised if they aren't already working, and if not would only take a few days once you email support to have them enabled. I know for a fact Calculated Engine Load (believe called Powertrain Throttle TqReq?), Knock Retard, Commanded FA all work in 2.25.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, I'm referring to 2.25.

Are you scanning a Neon SRT-4 and seeing these PIDs as working? Because I tried it last night and was unable to log calculated engine load, and as said, none of the other aforementioned PIDs even show up in the list.

Senior Tuner
    No I am scanning with NGC3 CAN. I would send support your PIDs that aren't logging, since they are workin for me on the newer PCM shouldn't be hard for them to fix on yours.

Tuner in Training
    has anyone been able to get a ve histogram setup, everything I try only gives me a 1 box table or it makes it like a gm ve table

Senior Tuner
    I have resorted to excel and made myself a few basic graphs of p ratio and each bank of STFT and LTFT. My excel sheet you paste in your current VE, then each of the STFT and LTFT, and in the next tab it produces a new VE table. I will attach it here if you would like.

Tuner in Training
    yea if you wouldn't mind posting them I would appreciate it, I tried a couple hours yesterday to get up a ve table histogram and could never get it working, 2.25 is so much different the 2.24 im kinda lost on it

Senior Tuner
    Have you been able to at least get pressure ratio and fuel trims logging outside of making a histogram? You will have to rescale the graphs to match the tables you are working with. I realized my VE excel sheet is specific to the rescaled values I put into my VE table, it will not match yours.

Tuner in Training
    i have got my graph rescaled, and it will log fuel trims on the gauges and plot vs time but not on the graph section, I can not get pressure ratio to log

Senior Tuner
    Can you post up your most recent log?

Tuner in Training
    this is the only log I saved I rescaled the trims after this run and it still wont log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    ok this is pretty close, you don't see PIDs for barometric pressure, MAP to Use, Sensed Map, or Average Map?

Senior Tuner
    If you want, to get it pretty close, you could create a custom PID, and simply divide your intake manifold absolute pressure by 14.7 and that should get you close on your pressure ratio. Then make that custom PID your vertical axis on the ST and LT fuel trim graphs.

Tuner in Training
    in the channel part or on the graph

Tuner in Training
    I cant figure out how to make custom pids in 2.25

Senior Tuner
    In the channel part, try to connect to the car and then look for those PIDs and see if they log.