Thread: MPVI3 Write Issues

Tuner in Training

MPVI3 Write Issues

Hello Everyone,

After reviewing the forum and posting in the ford section the understanding that I have is that the MPVI3 is unable to write to a newer Ford Vehicle is this correct?

My issue was attempting to use the TDN to write the tune to my 2020 Mustang GT which failed. I was told by support that this is a known issue and that it is being worked and there is no ETA on completion.

Without any ETA or further information I'm inclined to believe that this issue will be present for an extended period of time as one response told me that he reported this issue 2 weeks before I opened a case.

This honestly makes me a little nervous using this device. Has anyone gotten any information as to the possible time frame these issues will be mitigated?

Is it better to attempt to return MPVI3 and get an MPVI2 device? I assume this issue isn't present with the older device. I hate being inpatient but I've spend a great deal of money on the device, credits, and tune and unable to use the product as most others have experienced as well.

I would have hoped that I would have been warned before dropping money that my vehicle isn't fully supported yet but I swear I've reviewed the supported list and my vehicle is on this list.

Thanks for any information and responses.

Tuner in Training
    Update

I have just received new firmware and sent out an infolog to support to verify that the device took the new firmware. Once verified I will attempt to load the received tune from TDN. Fingers crossed.

Tuner in Training
    Update

I was able to write the new tune after the firmware upgrade. Finally good to go.