Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MPVI1 USB driver installation

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ahh, might be a win 2k/win 98 thing, im running vista or newer on all of my computers.

You can try installing your drivers/hptuners software onto a new/different pc to rule out a hardware issue.

If its a software issue of some sort & you simply cannot get the A driver to work & your getting an error that no information can be found on you would need to reboot windows and try again with the fresh install.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

since the replies have stopped, where can i get the original install software? i have another laptop that i'll try.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    www.hptuners.com right on your customer login page

thanks. didn't dig that deep so i didn't see it.
    wasn't straightforward though, had to install the usb drivers separately using the link at the top of this post. evidently the usb stuff is not in the .msi file but in a separte folder on the cd i've misplaced.

had to restart the computer though to get it to read the ecu.

too much weirdness.

but i do need to get my laptop going again, ANY ideas on why i can't uninstall the drivers?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The usb stuff is right on the installing your software page of our help file

http://www.hptuners.com/help/getting...stallation.htm

I've had it where my computer randomly wouldn't recognize both channels, no obvious reason. If you try and fail on multiple computers though it means theres a possible hardware problem though whether thats as easy as a new usb cable or something more.

yep, and i do all that and just like before, it says can't start device, code 10. then i can't uninstall it. in control panel when i click on remove hp tuners usb, it just clicks, doesn't actually do anything. see earlier post. have to find a way to get them removed or uncorrupted or something.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Have you tried it through the control panel-add/remove programs?

yes, that's where i click on it to add/remove and it just clicks. turns blue briefly like it wants to launch a program, but then does nothing.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    And when you try to manually uninstall them through the device manager?

it works there, but i have no other way to reinstall other than plugging in, goign through the install proceedure exactly as shown in your help file and getting unable to start device, code 10. but that's only for channel b.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    For those of you who have machines that refuse to load the correct USB drivers here is what you can do:

Plug the MPVI interface in, go to the control panel, device drivers, expand the USB section.

1) If FTDI A,B are seen and not HP Tuners MPVI Channel A, B, right click on FTDI A and uninstall. Do the same for FTDI B.
    2) Unplug the MPVI.
    3) Unzip the USB driver files (if you downloaded them).
    4) Plug the MPVI back in.
    5) This time when Windows finds a new device, manually select the drivers in in the unzipped folder or CD.

If Windows refuses to load the correct drivers, repeat step 1 but this time do not unplug the MPVI.. Right click on whatever drivers Windows installed for the MPVI and select "Update Driver". Now point Windows to the folder where the drivers are.

When all is said and done, the USB device MUST report "HP Tuners MPVI Channel A" and "HP Tuners MPVI Channel B". If not the drivers have not loaded properly.

Drivers
    The drivers should be on the CD.
    You can always download the latest drivers from here:

Note: If you currently have our drivers installed and wish to upgrade to these, please unplug the MPVI, then go to add/remove programs and uninstall your old drivers first!

FTDI 2.02.04 Drivers, 32 bit and 64 bit (Includes Vista Support)
    http://www.hptuners.com/pub/HPT_MPVI_Drivers.zip
    Ken, I followed your instructions and all seems well but I have a quick question. You said " when all is said and done, the USB device MUST report "HP Tuners MPVI Channel A" and "HP Tuners MPVI Channel B". If not the drivers have not loaded properly". At the end of the process I got the message that it recognized Channel A. It said nothing about Channel B. Will I run into problems somewhere? Like I said, it seems to be working okay. Just curious. Thanks.

With the MPVI plugged into a USB port, check your Device Manager, Universal Serial Bus controllers and see if A & B are reporting HP Tuners as the device driver. If it reports anything else, they are not installed.

The quick way to device manager is Left click start, go to My Computer and Right Click My Computer. Then left click Manage and Device Manager is on the left panel.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Thank you EC, it does.

Tuner in Training
    I am not getting prompted to install any drivers..

I do see yellow exclamation marks at the A & B in Device Manager...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by YO-EL
    I am not getting prompted to install any drivers..

I do see yellow exclamation marks at the A & B in Device Manager...
    Yeah the exclamation marks mean the drivers didn't install properly the last go round, they would need to be uninstalled, disconnect the interface then follow the help files instructions for installing them http://www.hptuners.com/help/index.h...stallation.htm

Tuner in Training
    Running vista. I installed the USB drivers mentioned above, it only installed channel B. Went into the device manager and did a update device driver and it installed channel A. I can bring up VCM Edit and get the lic info. Did not have to restart or uninstall.

So, you may need to run the install of the USB drivers more than once.

Isn't Vista wonderful....
    Corvette 2000 coupe
    built t-56 trans (was an A4)
    Ported LS6 intake
    LG LT streets
    high flow cats
    LS6 Ti cat back

i never have to reinstall for vista 64 bit. just have to restart with driver signer disabled. you shoudlnt have to reinstall. dont complain, they made vista safe for a reason. blame hptuners for not getting there drivers digitally signed or whatever. everything else i have that is usb works fine.
    2006 SS Cobalt SC
    Stage 2 ZZP Cams
    Headers, 3.0" Full ZZP Exhaust
    60lb inj. Intake.
    2.8 Pulley
    72# Lb. Supertech Springs
    LNF Ext Valves and lashers
    Cobre H/E, option B.
    Torque Damper
    HPTuned.
    Bitchin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    The usb stuff is right on the installing your software page of our help file

http://www.hptuners.com/help/getting...stallation.htm

I've had it where my computer randomly wouldn't recognize both channels, no obvious reason. If you try and fail on multiple computers though it means theres a possible hardware problem though whether thats as easy as a new usb cable or something more.
    I always have to search for this location whenever I want to re-install them. It would be a lot easier if the drivers were in the same place as the install routine (in our customer portal).
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    I always have to search for this location whenever I want to re-install them. It would be a lot easier if the drivers were in the same place as the install routine (in our customer portal).
    yes its been on our to do list

Just as a note the link is in the help file under the installation instructions so we've tried to make it convenient, just time hasn't allowed the necessary additions to the customer pages as of yet.

Error message says no COM port is available. Said that before I installed the drivers, then I installed them and it started to read my PCM but would not finish up, said it timed out and started giving me the COM port error msg again. WTF?