Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MPVI1 USB driver installation

I think it's a problem with that other computer - mine broke when I installed windows installer v3.1 and switched to my gf's laptop.

I am a good friend of Russ K and today we decided it might be a good idea to have his VCM Suite installed on my laptop. It would really suck to have a couple of tunes booked in at the shop only to drop your computer or spill a rum and coke all over it rendering it unusable. He uses XP on his laptop and I have Vista Home Basic on mine. I'm a computer guy, so I figured this would be a breeze. I downloaded the drivers and did the whole install thing. Plug in mpvi, recognizes and asks for disc, no disc, search for drivers myself, point the install to the i386 folder I dragged and dropped onto the desktop from the downloaded zip file.....everything seemed ok until it said something to this effect "Drivers for your device were found but file is missing". They're not missing, i'm looking right at them! I also manually went into the device manager and tried updating the drivers for A and B but it came up with the same error. It's also strange that the mpvi interface showed up (with yellow !'s) under "other devices" and not usb devices like it should. So I started from scratch and dragged and dropped the amd64 folder to the desktop and did everything the same as I did before. Exact same problem.."Drivers for your device were found but file is missing". Damn you! Nothing is missing for crying out loud! By this time I have tried everything over and over and my computer wouldn't even recognize the mpvi interface anymore as I could tell by the abnormal sound it made when plugging in the usb cable. As far as I know there is a "plugged in" sound and an "unplugged" sound as well as another sound when it doesn't recognize what is being plugged in. To fix that you have to either remove or disable the mpvi devices and then reinstall. After a whole bunch of head scratching I found the swf video that Bill made and copied everything it showed to a T. My problem was that I didn't click the "extract all" tab when opening up the zip file containing the drivers. I simply dragged and dropped what I thought I needed. You must extract all the files into the folder it creates, usually on the desktop. Then when you are installing and opt to look for the drivers yourself you have to point it to the folder created by the extract all button. Everything went perfect after doing this, and the devices now show up under the usb devices and not "other devices". Long story short? Follow this vid exactly. Everything works awesome now.

http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...iumrevised.swf
    Last edited by Agent Aaro; 11-30-2008 at 07:12 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Glad it helped AA, thats why they are there
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Let's hope that rum and coke doesn't get spilt! Does HPTuners have spilled drink support?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotjamedjimi View Post
    those 2.2 version drivers for now have seemed to do the trick. This was after the F8 digitally signed drivers was disabled. everything so far for me has run 100 times better on vista than xp with no crashes. i dont get the big deal. maybe caus eim computer savvy?
    I am having this problem. Both channel A and B are installed but not working. How do you disable the digitally signed drivers?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

I'm having fits with my new computer as well... I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit OS and it is giving me a code 39... Here is a screen shot when it is finished installing the drivers for channel A.

As a note I followed the install video above to the "T"
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Okay I found the other driver thread that linked to an executable driver install so I tried that and it worked. To make it work you must use this link and run this CDM 2.04.06.exe first before hooking the cable in. Once it has installed you can use the normal install process and it should work perfectly. Why I don't know I just know it worked for my computer...

Link to CDM 2.04.06
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Just got a new laptop, and the new drivers worked like a charm

Tuner in Training
    I had the same problem as above, got a code 39 and a message saying the driver was missing or corrupt. I made sure that I deleted the .zip folder, and also downloaded/installed the CDM file. Works now! Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Glad to hear the CDM file appears to be working well for you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Okay I found the other driver thread that linked to an executable driver install so I tried that and it worked. To make it work you must use this link and run this CDM 2.04.06.exe first before hooking the cable in. Once it has installed you can use the normal install process and it should work perfectly. Why I don't know I just know it worked for my computer...

Link to CDM 2.04.06
    I am going to give this a shot when I get back to the laptop that is refusing to load the drivers
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)

Potential Tuner
    [QUOTE=Ken@HPTuners;34054]For those of you who have machines that refuse to load the correct USB drivers here is what you can do:

Plug the MPVI interface in, go to the control panel, device drivers, expand the USB section.

1) If FTDI A,B are seen and not HP Tuners MPVI Channel A, B, right click on FTDI A and uninstall. Do the same for FTDI B.
    2) Unplug the MPVI.
    3) Unzip the USB driver files (if you downloaded them).
    4) Plug the MPVI back in.
    5) This time when Windows finds a new device, manually select the drivers in in the unzipped folder or CD.

If Windows refuses to load the correct drivers, repeat step 1 but this time do not unplug the MPVI.. Right click on whatever drivers Windows installed for the MPVI and select "Update Driver". Now point Windows to the folder where the drivers are.

When all is said and done, the USB device MUST report "HP Tuners MPVI Channel A" and "HP Tuners MPVI Channel B". If not the drivers have not loaded properly.

Drivers
    The drivers should be on the CD.
    You can always download the latest drivers from here:

QUOTE]

I have been on this all day, am I reading this wrong it is connect by USB so it should show un in USB under device managr, I have tried two different XP computers, it loads the drvers, but it does not show up in the USB in device manager, it shows under universal bus controllers and it will conect for 4 second the dissconect.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    [quote=Dreinhart;160990]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners View Post
    For those of you who have machines that refuse to load the correct USB drivers here is what you can do:

Plug the MPVI interface in, go to the control panel, device drivers, expand the USB section.

1) If FTDI A,B are seen and not HP Tuners MPVI Channel A, B, right click on FTDI A and uninstall. Do the same for FTDI B.
    2) Unplug the MPVI.
    3) Unzip the USB driver files (if you downloaded them).
    4) Plug the MPVI back in.
    5) This time when Windows finds a new device, manually select the drivers in in the unzipped folder or CD.

If Windows refuses to load the correct drivers, repeat step 1 but this time do not unplug the MPVI.. Right click on whatever drivers Windows installed for the MPVI and select "Update Driver". Now point Windows to the folder where the drivers are.

When all is said and done, the USB device MUST report "HP Tuners MPVI Channel A" and "HP Tuners MPVI Channel B". If not the drivers have not loaded properly.

Drivers
    The drivers should be on the CD.
    You can always download the latest drivers from here:

QUOTE]

I have been on this all day, am I reading this wrong it is connect by USB so it should show un in USB under device managr, I have tried two different XP computers, it loads the drvers, but it does not show up in the USB in device manager, it shows under universal bus controllers and it will conect for 4 second the dissconect.

Universal Serial Bus=USB so its in the right spot.

If it is connecting & then disconnecting you might have a cable or hardware issue so please contact support.

Advanced Tuner
    I just installed Windows 7 (build 7048) on my laptop and the drivers in the beginning of this thread loaded fine.
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Tuner
    I just received my new Lenovo Laptop with Vista Home Premium and having issues with installing the drivers. Driver A fails with a Code 39. I powered up and pushed F8 to disable the digital signature issue and still having problems. Under device manager, the MPVI Channnel A and B both show up in the USB section with yellow !. I have followed the instructions in this thread to no avail. Any ideas????
    Last edited by Blacker; 03-11-2009 at 10:32 AM.
    2008 Corvette Coupe
    Atomic Orange, 3LT, NPP, F55, CC3 and MN6

Tuner
    I finally was successful in installing the USB drivers Windows Vista. Now, when I power on the computer, do I have to install the drivers every time? When I plugged in the MPVI, it was like the drivers were not installed eventhough the read my license info previously.
    2008 Corvette Coupe
    Atomic Orange, 3LT, NPP, F55, CC3 and MN6

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, drivers only need to be installed once, HOWEVER if you are running vista 64 bit you would need to likely turn off digitally signed driver enforcement everytime you start your pc.

Tuner in Training
    And how does one turn that off?
    2003 Silverado SS
    6.0 LQ9, AWD
    Ported and Polished Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, No Cats, Auto Meter Wide Band O2, Electric Fan, 3200 Stall, Shift Kit, Billet Servos, OLSD Tuned, Bracket Race Truck Only!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerJJ View Post
    And how does one turn that off?
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...vista+ultimate