Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MPVI1 USB driver installation

Potential Tuner

how and what changes did you do

Quote Originally Posted by bilemke View Post
    I downloaded and modified the newer Vista drivers from FTDI a while back. They have been working flawlessly since then.
    i am running XP pro ive loaded on house comp.and it loaded fine and it has the same os as labtop and wont load the drivers on the labtop need help thanks mrt7763 ive tried all the stuff in this thread even had bill,s help he keeps sending to this thread code 10 please help

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    code 10 error information http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104/

Personally I've never run into it so thats the best info I can find, if its working on one of your pc's but not the other its likely a pc related issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner

how to do this the attachment

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    not fibbing.
    any other ideas? have GOT to get this going.
    how do you attach the hole screen shot ive tryed and cant thanks mrt7763

Advanced Tuner
    Bill recently linked to this thread and I found the updated info in the first post extremely helpful for getting hpt up & going with my new laptop with windows 7

so TTT for the next guy to easily locate this , I would print out the instructions since some windows you open while installing cant be shrunk and block out the step by step which worked perfectly so thanks hpt crew for making my life easier

now I just need to get all my tunes & configs over to the new comp.
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Tuner
    Thanks a bunch solved my issues with my new Alienware Windows 7 Laptop...

Tuner in Training
    solve my issue too...thanks

Tuner in Training
    Please help, I've been through every piece of documentation that I can find
    Windows 7 32bit - cannot get MPVI USB driver to install, tried the download, went to device manager, etc no luck

When I point to the folder with the drivers it "cannot install"
    Is there not a self extracting driver installation program?

Thanks
    Nick
    02 Zo6 - Procharger

Tuner in Training
    There is no "device drivers" in my control panel.

I'm trying to setup HPT 2.2 on my Windows 7 32 Bit OS and when I follow the instructions here to update the driver I get an "access denied" message as it tries to load the driver. I am an administrator on the PC and am using that account to try to install the drivers. Any ideas?
    2004 Yellow M6
    HPT Pro, LM1, SVEDE, 85mm FAST Manifold, 85mm TB, TR224 112 Cam, TEA ported/milled 243 heads, SW LT headers, SW Custom Side Exhaust, King springs, Pedders shocks, Hotchkis sways, Pedders & ES Bushings, DBA rotors, Hawk/Axxis pads, Stoptech lines, shiftlight, AP Sideskirts, AP rear bumper, 05 hood, SAP grilles, Hoens, dual aeroforce gauges
    Stock 309.8 RWHP 330.7 RWTQ
    Now ? RWHP ? RWTQ
    1 of 1014

2017 Audi A5 2.0T Cabriolet (bone stock) Daily/winter driver

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Make sure you save the driver to someplace you have admin rights to. I always load them to my desktop and have never had an issue.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks to you Pros for keeping up with the technology and giving us the Windows 7 64bit drivers.

As always you are awesome and always try to work with us and for us.

Tuner in Training
    New netbook with XP, new drivers don't work, Lost the CD years ago. I just want the old drivers, inf files so windows will recognize them as drivers

Might I add it would be great if we could get everything we needed (drivers, 2.22 latest etc.) from our customer login page. We should have it available right where we enter out serial number and password, and just click on the OS version we need, download and go.
    Last edited by 99socalfrc; 09-04-2010 at 04:48 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99socalfrc View Post
    Might I add it would be great if we could get everything we needed (drivers, 2.22 latest etc.) from our customer login page. We should have it available right where we enter out serial number and password, and just click on the OS version we need, download and go.
    On our to do list, not a high priority at this point though.

Tuner in Training
    Edit: working now--right clicked on the MVPI with a question mark in device manager, selected update, and told it where the newly downloaded drivers were located.
    Last edited by BoostedGTA; 09-27-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Tuner
    I'm struggling with the install on my new computer with Windows 7. I unzip the file and follow the directions from the first post, but when I manually select the files that I unzipped from the desktop, it still tells me the drivers can't be found.

What are the files supposed to look like after they are unzipped? I get the amd64 and the i386 folders and two other files. What am I doing wrong here?
    2004 PBM M6 GTO
    Torquer v.2, Lingenfelter 243s, FAST 90, PTM 92, SVO greentops, SS OTRCAI, SLP LTs, Powerbond UDP

Potential Tuner
    worked great for me! thanks!
    2002 Trans am Ws6
    Lt's Ory 12.9
    Trickflows 215's in the works!!!!!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nmcqueen469 View Post
    I'm struggling with the install on my new computer with Windows 7. I unzip the file and follow the directions from the first post, but when I manually select the files that I unzipped from the desktop, it still tells me the drivers can't be found.

What are the files supposed to look like after they are unzipped? I get the amd64 and the i386 folders and two other files. What am I doing wrong here?
    Any insight on this?
    2004 PBM M6 GTO
    Torquer v.2, Lingenfelter 243s, FAST 90, PTM 92, SVO greentops, SS OTRCAI, SLP LTs, Powerbond UDP

Quote Originally Posted by nmcqueen469 View Post
    Any insight on this?

create a new folder on your desktop. unzipp the drivers into that folder.. then when you go to install the new drivers it will ask you to let windows find the drivers or if you want to locat them on your own.. click browse and find your new folder on your desktop and select that folder and it will install the new drivers from that folder. you will have to do this two times once for channel A and then for channel B.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    create a new folder on your desktop. unzipp the drivers into that folder.. then when you go to install the new drivers it will ask you to let windows find the drivers or if you want to locat them on your own.. click browse and find your new folder on your desktop and select that folder and it will install the new drivers from that folder. you will have to do this two times once for channel A and then for channel B.
    I'll try this again tonight when I get home. I didn't have them all unzipped into one folder, hopefully that's the problem.
    2004 PBM M6 GTO