Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: MPVI1 USB driver installation

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Hmm I may have spoken too soon. I got it to work that afternoon, but get bluescreen everytime I plug the module in now. Anyone have any tips?

Win7/64 Asus G73S
    Me love boost long time.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    likely a driver conflict somewhere, my suggestion would be to find what driver is conflicting with ours, I've installed our hardware on about a 1/2 dozen win 7 pc's to this point and have NEVER had to totally uninstall drivers, etc. like you had to so its gotta be some oddball issue with your pc.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks installed and working on windows 7 ultimate. Why the work around? can't self installing package be made for windows 7? Also why don't you post a link to this at the user download page were I can download 2.22 from, you should note there as well the operating systems it works on, and state which ones it does not, then provide a link to this page! I was rather frustrated trying to install this the other night! Thinking I did something wron installed net frame work over and over again..lol!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2.22 Works on windows 7 without issue as long as you use the modified version we posted in the help section. It really has nothing to do with the operating system as it does with the version of netframework win 7 comes with.

Potential Tuner

interface problem

OMG I am going to drive my car into a tree. I have spent more then 18 hours over the past 3 day tring to get this working. I have new computer with win 7. I have deleted ever thing ten time it has become routine. I download new drivers to desktop and extract them to desktop. I goto device manager right click then click on update driver software click on browes my computer for driver software then next. I get a mesage Windows could not find driver software for your device. if i click on let me pick myself Idont see anything resembling these drivers. please help

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Russell View Post
    OMG I am going to drive my car into a tree. I have spent more then 18 hours over the past 3 day tring to get this working. I have new computer with win 7. I have deleted ever thing ten time it has become routine. I download new drivers to desktop and extract them to desktop. I goto device manager right click then click on update driver software click on browes my computer for driver software then next. I get a mesage Windows could not find driver software for your device. if i click on let me pick myself Idont see anything resembling these drivers. please help
    The demo http://files.hptuners.com/support/De...Win7Driver.swf shows you EXACTLY what you need to do. If you still can't get it to work email support and I should be able to install the drivers for you remotely as a worst case scenario(as this is the reason I've taken so much time to create the demo's and step by steps to avoid this)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com View Post
    Hmm I may have spoken too soon. I got it to work that afternoon, but get bluescreen everytime I plug the module in now. Anyone have any tips?

Win7/64 Asus G73S
    I just had the same issue.

If you want to do what I did, first, goto windows/system32.
    Delete anything that resembles the files from the download on the first post.
    Next, The part that actually fixed it for me.
    Delete FTLang.dll from windows/
    Install one of them.
    Install the other(I blue screened at this point)
    But, it installed.

Has something to do with FTlang.dll. Im not a expert in drivers. I just make computers work.

Edit

Scratch that, restarted computer, went back to having the issue.'

Might be a asus thing. Or, could be because hptuners is quite a few years old.
    About to make a windows XP virtual machine just to run HPtuners in.

Then again, went back into system32 folder and deleted ftlang, and ftd2xx and the others... reinstalled it again without problem.
    Last edited by ericmck2000; 03-10-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Got tired of having driver issues.

Made a windows xp SP3 virtual machine, works perfectly now..............

Potential Tuner
    I have a acer aspire one and I can't get the drivers to work I've tried doing what the demo said

I can't even see the driver A i can only load B..................... driver A won't even show up as an option to load.......

I have windows 7 64 bit system and i can't seem to get driver A to show up at all......

Potential Tuner
    Same here, i got to the point where you update the drivers and it wont recognize neither driver both A and B not found???

Quote Originally Posted by XP_HOSS View Post
    Same here, i got to the point where you update the drivers and it wont recognize neither driver both A and B not found???
    I reloaded the system and it worked......

Potential Tuner

Arggghhh!

I too have tried many times to follow these insturctions - with no luck so far!!
    I'm not sure why a revised install program that works for this can't be provided?

So I can't install what I have purchased ... in the meantime ....

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    2.22 Works on windows 7 without issue as long as you use the modified version we posted in the help section. It really has nothing to do with the operating system as it does with the version of netframework win 7 comes with.
    Where is this modified version in the help section please ?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stGlance View Post
    Where is this modified version in the help section please ?
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30495

Potential Tuner
    Help

Potential Tuner
    ok i am just another person with Win 7 problems. after three + days of deleating and reinstalling just about evrything i can think of i still have the same proplem. i fallowed the video, to a tee. i extracted the files and installed them just like it said to. now if i plug the mpvi i get the blue sreen of death. so i was able to work fast and disabled both of usb lines in device manager. i can see both A and B. i can even click on the driver detail and their are five drivers for each some are 32 bit and one is a 64 bit. all drivers are flaged good for use in windows 7. but as soon as i activate eather one i get th blue screen death again. Help me please!!!!! i have an ASUS intel i5 with windows 7

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jracerx View Post
    ok i am just another person with Win 7 problems. after three + days of deleating and reinstalling just about evrything i can think of i still have the same proplem. i fallowed the video, to a tee. i extracted the files and installed them just like it said to. now if i plug the mpvi i get the blue sreen of death. so i was able to work fast and disabled both of usb lines in device manager. i can see both A and B. i can even click on the driver detail and their are five drivers for each some are 32 bit and one is a 64 bit. all drivers are flaged good for use in windows 7. but as soon as i activate eather one i get th blue screen death again. Help me please!!!!! i have an ASUS intel i5 with windows 7
    Try installing the software/drivers on an alternate pc to rule out a hardware issue on our end.

Potential Tuner

still inop mpvi drivers

bill , thank you for your time. i have spent the last week plus tring to get the drivers to work on the lap top. i did what you said and loaded the program on to another computer to make sure the device is ok. the computer i use is a desk top so i couldn't plug into the car but the device is working correctly on there. so i took my laptop and wiped the whole thing. i reloaded window and only the items need for the system to run. the only drivers on there is what windows need to opperate. the programs work alright. but when i plug in the mpvi i get a code 52 on both the drivers. so it will not connect to the device. i tried updating the drivers with the new one from the site and still no luck. do you have any advice? please help!