Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: MPVI1 USB driver installation

Potential Tuner

Windows 8 .net error

I've beenybon trying to install 2.22 on my computer that has the Windows 8 os. I'm getting a .net 2.0 error. This computer has all the latest .net software. Anybody else getting this error?

Tuner
    Hi Ken or Bill, I`m new to this whole forum thing so I`m not sure if I am putting this post in the right place or not. Well my problem is purely self induced. I installed the software no problem, and then went on to installing the MPVI and got trigger happy and completely forgot to follow the instructions. I remember selecting the "recommended" option instead of "advanced", and the rest is history. So after realizing my terrible error I uninstalled the program from the "add-remove list", then tried to start over, but now when I plug in the mpvi it makes the chime sound, but nothing pulls up, it doesn`t even show up in "removeable devices". I`ve tried following the instructions you have given above, but I`m not too computer saavy. I have Windows XP. Please help

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Contact support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    I thought I was. You talking about email support with that form, or is there a phone number that I can`t find?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blkws6 View Post
    Hi Ken or Bill, I`m new to this whole forum thing so I`m not sure if I am putting this post in the right place or not. Well my problem is purely self induced. I installed the software no problem, and then went on to installing the MPVI and got trigger happy and completely forgot to follow the instructions. I remember selecting the "recommended" option instead of "advanced", and the rest is history. So after realizing my terrible error I uninstalled the program from the "add-remove list", then tried to start over, but now when I plug in the mpvi it makes the chime sound, but nothing pulls up, it doesn`t even show up in "removeable devices". I`ve tried following the instructions you have given above, but I`m not too computer saavy. I have Windows XP. Please help

Potential Tuner

Software and drivers difficulties

I am trying to install the software and drivers for the first time and the drivers are not coming up. I really wish that there is someone that I can SPEAK TO???? Is there a phone number that I can call?? Please?

Potential Tuner
    Video was very helpful, got the drivers installed, but can't get the program to start. Thank you baby jeebus for this intellectual challenge.
    I like LS stuff...
    2010 Camaro SS | 12.06@113 SI

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
    Video was very helpful, got the drivers installed, but can't get the program to start. Thank you baby jeebus for this intellectual challenge.
    Windows 7 or Windows 8 John?

Potential Tuner
    Windows 7 I just figure out how to look this up. Sounds kinda old what are they up to now?
    I like LS stuff...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Win 7 the install should go in without a hitch as long as you are installing software version 2.24, if you run into an issue shoot support an email and I'll get you up and running.

Potential Tuner
    When I dl'd 2.24, I got this error message, and it rolled it back

attached screen shot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like LS stuff...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Potential Tuner
    Thanks guys. That link is very interesting, not sure what I should do as a result?

Worst case I've asked my IT guy to help me out, as I cannot uninstall the 'ware I get that error code when I try to add or delete the program, 2.23 and/or 2.24.
    I like LS stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners View Post
    Windows 7, 8 , Vista & XP 64 bit operating systems driver install instructions
    1)Download the drivers here http://www.hptuners.com/pub/HPT FTDI...08.28 WHQL.zip
    2)Unzip the drivers to your desktop
    3)Connect your MPVI interface to your laptop
    4)At this point the driver install will likely fail(it did for me)
    5)Open the control panel and in the search window enter device drivers
    6)Under Device manager select the update device drivers one
    7)There will likely be two MPVI devices with an ! listed next to them in the 'other devices' section
    8)Right click on the first one, click update driver software
    9)A window will come up, tell it to browse my computer for driver software-from there find your desktop
    10) it will now install properly
    11)repeat for the second one and you're done!

Not hard just different from previous operating systems.

Heres the demo if you aren't good at following words and like pictures http://files.hptuners.com/support/De...Win7Driver.swf
    thank you for this!!!!

Finally got my win7 64bit laptop working!
    Nick
    1997 Grand Am 2.4L. (gaownersclub.com)
    2005 GMC Canyon Z71 4x4 3.5L (355Naton.net)
    2009 Harley-Davidson XL883C (XLForum.net)

Tuner in Training
    I've tried everything. Need help. I still have the same problem with the vcm suite 2 requires the .net framework version 2.2 . I have windows vista so i tried the second instructions. Anyone know where I can get phone support ? I need this done with already. I use to have this disk already on my computer but i had to get a new hard drive and now it needs to be reinstalled. LAMEEE

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Correct, vcm suite 2.24 requires net framework 4.0 which the link can be found on your customer page www.hptuners.com/customers simply no way around it, you need to install netframework 4.0 for our software to work properly.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the help ....took me a bit to figure out why it still wasnt working.....i downloaded the new suite in the customer login section as well as the net framework 4.0. Tip- after you download the suite, you may have to find your recent downloads and click on it again for it to actually run the program. It didnt automatically go for me. Other than that, looks like it worked for me. Thanks bill

Potential Tuner
    3)Connect your MPVI interface to your laptop
    4)At this point the driver install will likely fail(it did for me)

^Windows doesn't detect the MPVI interface and doesn't attempt to download any drivers, so in Device Manager nothing shown is there....