Thread: CASE learn not ready, but followed instructions in help file

Advanced Tuner

CASE learn not ready, but followed instructions in help file

I have searched the forums and internet for any more insight on this issue, but I do not find anything that has helped me yet.

I am working with my 2006 Silverado LQ4 which I just rebuilt the engine on and made some minor upgrades. I am also working with the latest VCM Suite.

I have the engine at operating temperature, parking brake set, brake pedal pressed, A/C off, scanner connected but not logging, and start the engine. The CASE learn function stays "not ready" and none of the values to the side off it have an off color or reason for it to be not ready. The truck has no DTC's when trying this, but I am doing a case LEARN in part because of the rebuild (CPS disturbed) and that I am getting a P0300 sometimes though only slight.

I did the same test on my wife's 05 Tahoe 4.8L and get the not ready there too.

I do also recall in 2012 or 2013 on my Wrangler (running the LQ9) that it would let me do a CASE learn without doing anything special (no body computer on it to relay the info of brake, A/C, and parking brake though).

Thanks in advance for any guidance that is offered.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Problem fixed, see below for details....

Yesterday I also put in a message with support describing the issue. and got a response today.

Likely a vehicle related issue unrelated to our software/hardware.

William Henn
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com
    Symptoms were the same on all the of my Gen-III engine vehicles. Having not used the latest software version for long, I decided it was worth trying an older version if I still had one saved somewhere. I found a Beta 2.23.150 version from 2011 so I uninstalled the new and installed the old. Hooked up to my truck with the LQ4 and was getting a "not ready - ECT too low" This was exciting because yes it was too low but yesterday when it was too cold it still only gave a "not ready". Engine warmed up and then I got the "ready" and did the CASE learn.

I did notice that the engine balance test and CASE learn status of ready or not both follow the same parameters too, but the engine balance test functioned fine for me on the newest software.

Has anyone else tried a CASE learn on the newest software version?

Fix - install an older version of the software, or uninstall and reinstall the current software.
    Last edited by Dominatorstang; 06-26-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I am using 2.24.1161 and was able to do a case learn on my '02 silverado.

It may not have been this exact version as I have updated it a couple days ago, but it was the newest version of 2.24 a week or two ago. (still 2.24.xxxx)

Advanced Tuner
    *UPDATE*

Thanks for the info Markmx6

I reinstalled my newer version 4.24.1138 and The CASE learn is still working. With this, I have adjusted the fix as to uninstall and reinstall software.

Advanced Tuner
    Glad you got it working

Maybe it's just me, but Thank you for posting your fix. When I was doing searches for my issues I came across other people with the same issues, but no solution posted.