Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fg turbo jet boat

I think u need a tone ring added to the prop shaft to pick up vss as this is one of the first basic checks done to set the car past initial start up cycle/check

Even an old school hall effect sensor wired to the input will do it

But this is just first thoughts about this situation
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah IMHO I wouldn't be using 2.25 beta for getting it set up, 2.24 should have everything mapped you need for this & should be more reliable, but as for the rest of it testing will be needed to find what's failing first with fault codes!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    I think u need a tone ring added to the prop shaft to pick up vss as this is one of the first basic checks done to set the car past initial start up cycle/check

Shouldn't need to. Disable all vss tables and neutral rev limit. Manual cars don't use a speed input only an inferred vss for idle

Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post

Appreciate the input. I will rig something up. Still doesn't change the fact that the hall sensor would, in a stationary situation (such as stalling against the converter with the brakes on) be either high or low therefore no speed signal, and still should not limit throttle opening as is occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    Yeah IMHO I wouldn't be using 2.25 beta for getting it set up, 2.24 should have everything mapped you need for this & should be more reliable, but as for the rest of it testing will be needed to find what's failing first with fault codes!
    Yeah I thought that as soon as I read it with 2.25 and licensed it. Can I use 2.24 now? Sure I tried but said as created on a newer version I couldn't use it grr.

As far as testing and fault codes, only the unknown ones I listed are present.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Shouldn't need to. Disable all vss tables and neutral rev limit. Manual cars don't use a speed input only an inferred vss for idle
    This sounds more promising!
    However I can't tell it its manual as previously explained. Neutral cutoff is at 6250. Limit neutral and limit drive dont make sense to me, what units on column axis? TSS time since start? Limit numbers are close to 1500

Advanced Tuner
    Where are you located mate?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Where are you located mate?
    New Zealand.
    Tried a heap of things last night to no avail.

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post up the tune? Are you open to somebody remoting in to your tuning computer with teamviewer?

Can you post up the tune? Are you open to somebody remoting in to your tuning computer with teamviewer?
    Can do, open to pretty much anything at this point! I believe starting with a manual map would be a good start though.
    What tune would you like to see?

Advanced Tuner
    What ever is currently in there mate

What ever is currently in there mate
    Ok. Cant remember where i had got to, was trying all sorts but this was the last attempt.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You should do a read with 2.24 instead of 2.25 then there's more chance of getting everything mapped!

You should do a read with 2.24 instead of 2.25 then there's more chance of getting everything mapped!
    I hear you. Care to comment on y previous reply to you?

Advanced Tuner
    This times 11ty. You at the very least need to set the PCM to manual trans.

Im in perth and I'm happy to help out remotely if need be (obviously time frames will be an issue) download the lastest stable 2.24 and read the tune and we can go from there

This times 11ty. You at the very least need to set the PCM to manual trans.

Im in perth and I'm happy to help out remotely if need be (obviously time frames will be an issue) download the lastest stable 2.24 and read the tune and we can go from there
    Cool, I had asked about this previously.
    1 Do i need to flash it back to the original tune, then read with 2.24 from there?
    2 Do i need the trans connected ( owner has sold it ) as I believe that is why trans stuff is not showing up, therefore dont have the option to set to manual.
    Appreciate the help.

Advanced Tuner
    Just a bit of an extract from the Territory Workshop manual:
    U 1900 - CAN Communication Bus Fault, all errors refer to CAN communications and I guess there is no CAN bus in your case
    U 2514 - Damaged wiring or connection between the VSS and PCM. Error on the SCP system between VSS, PCM, IC and DLS Incorrect VID programmed in to PCM. PCM, IC, ABS not running current software and calibrations.

Go onto the Australian Ford Forums and find the link for the workshop manual, very handy. I have had the U1900 error when a connector under the large connector box under the bonnet had a connector come loose.

Hope this helps.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mycomputeratesme View Post
    Cool, I had asked about this previously.
    1 Do i need to flash it back to the original tune, then read with 2.24 from there?
    2 Do i need the trans connected ( owner has sold it ) as I believe that is why trans stuff is not showing up, therefore dont have the option to set to manual.
    Appreciate the help.
    Read the current tune with 2.24,you won't need a trans connected.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    Just a bit of an extract from the Territory Workshop manual:
    U 1900 - CAN Communication Bus Fault, all errors refer to CAN communications and I guess there is no CAN bus in your case
    U 2514 - Damaged wiring or connection between the VSS and PCM. Error on the SCP system between VSS, PCM, IC and DLS Incorrect VID programmed in to PCM. PCM, IC, ABS not running current software and calibrations.

Go onto the Australian Ford Forums and find the link for the workshop manual, very handy. I have had the U1900 error when a connector under the large connector box under the bonnet had a connector come loose.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks Darryl.
    Yes the VSS comes as a can message and nothing else connected to the can lines so explains that thanks.
    Will do thanks.

Read the current tune with 2.24,you won't need a trans connected.
    Thanks but as i had explained in a previous reply, I think to Grant, it would not let me read with 2.24????