Thread: appending video file to project timeline

Potential Tuner

appending video file to project timeline

My race video is broken into two files, because the camera has a max file size at around 30 minutes, at which point it starts a new video file. I am having a hard time figuring out how to get RR3 to add the 2nd file after the 1st file in the project. I have played with the timeline window and the file offsets etc. but can't find the right combination. The data file is longer than the first video file (it runs the length of the two video files combined).

Any instructions on what to configure on the 2nd file? In this example here is the file info so far:

video file 1:
    input file 00:00 to 31:09
    display object 00:00 to End
    data file:
    input file 00:04.94 to 36:19.48 (offset is to sync with video 1)

video file 2:
    should start after video file 1 with same display object layout, has a length of 05:06

I guess it should come down to how to set the necessary properties of the video file 2 object, in order to make it start playing at 31:09 which is where video file 1 ends. I have failed when trying to just enter values in the input field panel or the display object panel.

Thanks for any advice!
    Last edited by trygve; 06-27-2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: thanks

If you just need to combine two video files so that one plays after the other, you can hold Shift or Control and click to select both of them in the Input Files list, and then press the Join button. That will create a joined input object that shows them under it. You can then use the Move Up / Move Down buttons to change the order they play back in.

If you happen to have a camera that loses a second or two when it starts the second video file, then you can right-click and choose to insert a time filler in between them, to maintain timing with your data file. Its length can be adjusted using the Trim Tool.