Thread: Ba xr8 supercharged tuning table setup for boost

Tuner in Training

Ba xr8 supercharged tuning table setup for boost

Hi Guys,
    We have just finished setting up a supercharger on a BA XR8 , now for the tuning part.
    We have done them in the past just basically setting them up to get the right fuelling at WOT
    and setting up the spark etc to suit. What I would like to do this time is set it up to read load into
    boost like the turbos do. I have fitted the XR6T map sensor and have it reading boost etc.
    My question is how do you set up the load tables to correspond with boost. Ive done a bit of a
    search but havn't really come up with an answer. I know its able to be done just not sure
    on the correct way to set it up. I have attached the original tune file
    with the boost enabled so it reads ok on the scan tool.
    Any thoughts/ideas welcome, im sure im not the only one keen on tuning this way....
    Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Click on the load axis on the table you want to update. This will allow you to edit the load points. You may be limited by what hpt have mapped/set as min/max so you may need to contact support to get this altered if you cannot edit the load point to reflect max boost.
    30-06-2015 8-30-34 AM.jpg
    Last edited by hiddeous; 06-29-2015 at 07:35 PM.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    That's what I thought but the numbers you get when you click on it don't make sense all 1's down one side and 8's down the other, if you edit them theres no real logic to how it translates on the table.

Advanced Tuner
    As I said mate, you'll probably need to get HPT to sort out the mapping of the table to allow you to edit the axis.

Example or a turbo file:
    30-06-2015 9-01-42 AM.jpg

and modded
    30-06-2015 9-03-39 AM.jpg

Obviously you wouldn't start with a min load point of .65 but all I have done there is entre .4 in the input value box and added it to the table to demonstrate.

It sounds like HPT have mapped the axis to allow changes.

Tuner in Training
    I have just straight cut and pasted the load axis from the xr6t and it seems to work, so I suppose if I do that for spark and fuel tables it should work, question is am I just changing the editor or is it actually going to work in the bin itself?

Tuner in Training
    I also assume 1 is atm and 2 would be 1 bar (14psi of boost)

Advanced Tuner
    The editor should change these values in the tune file/pcm when it writes. Change the axis and then run it up and log engine load and see if it tops out at 1.0 or goes above it.

Correct 1 is atmo anything about is boost. Xr6t Tmap is 2.5 bar. Runs out of resolution at aprox 20lbs of boost. You can run higher but timing/fuel etc will be pinned at what ever values are in the highest load lines

Tuner in Training
    Thanks looks to work correctly, looks like fuel is not load based tho , the axis is throttle position. Spark runs up correctly on the dyno tho.