Thread: Hard garage shifts

Tuner

Hard garage shifts

I installed a 4l60e behind a cammed ls2 and now have hard garage shifts most of the time. I have already raised the 0 column in the pcs table, which helped but is still a little firm. Are there any other table that controls pressure when shifting in and out of gear?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by owens1 View Post
    I installed a 4l60e behind a cammed ls2 and now have hard garage shifts most of the time. I have already raised the 0 column in the pcs table, which helped but is still a little firm. Are there any other table that controls pressure when shifting in and out of gear?
    Sounds line the line pressure is too high, or more likely, the forward clutch accumulator piston in the valve body is stuck or the spring is broken.

Senior Tuner
    Older PCM's had actual garage shift pressure modifiers (used when coming in/out of park/neutral)...they might be present in the newer PCM's and we don't have access to them.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner
    I am using a 2000 Silverado ecm. I don't see any modifiers for garage shifts.

Senior Tuner
    What torque converter are you running?