Thread: What's with Diablo Tunes being "undetectable" by the dealers?

What's with Diablo Tunes being "undetectable" by the dealers?

They're all over the Forums saying that their tunes can't be detected by the dealers and the C7 Z06 guys are lapping it up.
    I also saw them bragging about a 50 RWHP gain. I find that pretty hard to swallow as well.
    I've done some work on the new Zs but most of them are dead set against any sort of tune because they think it will immediately void their warranty. I'm not sure who's got them all convinced of this but it's a common belief.
    So what is different between what we do and what they do? (besides actually being able tune the car rather than just throw 2* of timing at it and call it a day)
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

They might be forcing the CVNs to match. I think other software lets you do that as well.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

No way HPT can do that?
    The new Z06 crowd is a different breed. They are afraid to do anything that may hurt their warranty.
    It wasn't like that when C6 came out.
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

Andy I asked Bill and some of the other guys at Hp that same question last year and the response was, " We don't want to play that game" haha

IF Diablo pulled those numbers, must have been a Cold ECT Hero Run.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Trifecta tunes do the same thing - makes the tune "transparent" to anyone checking. Keeps the CVN the same and also doesn't increase the flash counter at all. Really nice feature - it's a shame that HPTuners is un-interested in supporting something like this - would probably encourage a lot more people to actually get tunes for their cars.

this is actually pretty big. there are a LOT of handhelds being sold and remote tuned with out there, we are missing a big boat here. that's a lot of unlicensed vins, HPT..... that IS your goal right? to license every vin in the world? :-)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    They might be forcing the CVNs to match. I think other software lets you do that as well.
    For my own edification.. the PCM runs a checksum/MD5/whatever and spits out a CVN, right? If they are altering code to bypass this, couldn't GM just have their equipment read out the tune and run a hash on it to see if the CVN is 'genuine'?

Advanced Tuner
    GM could defintiely determine that it's a non-stock tune if they really wanted to and spent the time to do so. However, they never actaully do all of that! :-) When warranty work is needed, they simply check the CVN to confirm that the tune hasn't been modified. And they only do that on sports car and/or vehicles with V8's in them. So, for example, in my case, with my 2012 Impala (3.6L V6), they don't even check the CVNs to see if there is a non-stock tune.

Here is an interesting article on the subject:

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=4248

HPT probably doesn't want to get wrapped up in a warranty fraud lawsuit.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    I don't buy it. It seems that they are about the only one NOT doing it - and I don't see anyone else getting sued for it.

Same for BCM access - I always hear that they don't grant access becuase of liability reasons - yet, I can change my car to go WOT if I just tap the gas pedal!

I just don't see how they can be held liable - the person using the product may be able to be held liable, but not the person that makes the tool. Kind of like a gun maufacturer can't be held liable if you use it to murder someone.

In my opinion, of course!

I'm sorry, but we won't change our position on this.