Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cylinder Gain settings. Anyone use this table?

Tuning Addict
    There's a separate thread somewhere in regards to this, but yes - only certain OS's work with this just how the volt multiplier for the fuel injectors only works with certain OS's - guess I've just been lucky and got some of the good OS's that it actually worked on...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Too much load on the processor to send broadcast data for fuel pressure????

Tuning Addict
    That's possible I guess - I know everyone of the Camaro's I've done this to have had AM dual in tank pump setups with full return fuel systems that eliminated the fpcm from the equation, so going to go out on a limb and say it has something to do with it...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    This thread helped me solve an issue I was having. My LSA supercharged '14 Chevy SS would loose all power for a second when going WOT @ ~4200. My tuner for some reason had enabled the Cylinder Gain -> Injector Gain setting. It caused a weird AFR dropout when he was dynoing the car that he couldn't figure out, in addition to part throttle driveability issues. I disabled it and the issue has gone away completely.

Advanced Tuner
    injector de-soot switch, fast torque exit and dynamic enable/re-enable rpm values can all cause your symptoms.

only some OS this will work on. I couldn't make it work on our Aussie E38 OS.

only time that should be adjusted is by gathering individual AFR or more probably EGT data in each runner. idea being to multiply the gains to get individual cylinder EGT within an acceptable range in comparison. appart from a roots blown hat/manifold (pre blower) injected combo gain edits asking for more than 8-10% correction would suggest a bigger issue

Advanced Tuner
    I can confirm that Cylinder Gain does NOT work on OS 12656198 Gen4 6.2L. I only changed 2 cylinders by 1%, and it caused the commanded fuel pressure to go from High Flow to Low Flow in the middle of a WOT run, right at 4000 rpm. Of course the pump pwm immediately went down to roughly its open loop command when in Low Flow mode, which caused pressure to tank waay lower than even the Low Flow commanded pressure. Updating this thread for the sake of others.

Haha!
    Calibrator By Day, Student of the Game at Night.
    www.LSXedit.com

Want to Learn Hands On? I Offer Remote Tuning Email Me at [email protected]

TEO TUNED
    You Can View Most of my Library on Instagram
    Website Coming Soon...

INSTAGRAM: @TEOTUNED