Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cylinder Gain settings. Anyone use this table?

I looked through it for a while and couldn't find anything. It looked like it always happened right around 4200 RPM's if I remember correctly, but I couldn't find anything in the tune that would match up with that
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for looking. I'm at a complete loss to what could be causing it. Too bad, cause the trims did improve quite a bit. It may be just too much for the ECM to calculate...I dunno...
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_D View Post
    Thanks for looking. I'm at a complete loss to what could be causing it. Too bad, cause the trims did improve quite a bit. It may be just too much for the ECM to calculate...I dunno...
    Yeah, I'm at a bit of a loss too. Probably something easy once you see it, like always.

Do you have the original file by chance?

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuning Addict
    I would think changing this would require you to also change your offset table and probably use the offset vs. map instead of the vs volts table? Just a thought.

I know the Fords use a table like that for the cylinder gains, but they also allow you to change the settings at multiple engine loads. Typically you change them to 1 in the higher load areas...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Yeah, I'm at a bit of a loss too. Probably something easy once you see it, like always.

Do you have the original file by chance?
    Original file? You mean the stock tune cal for this car? If so, then no I do not. I had to download an 08 Z06 file from the tune repository. I bought the car used, and a "professional" tuner butchered the tune, along with about a dozen other idiot valve train related mechanical mistakes. In fact, that is what inspired me to learn how to tune this damn thing myself. That does not mean I think I am an accomplished tuner by any stretch either.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I would think changing this would require you to also change your offset table and probably use the offset vs. map instead of the vs volts table? Just a thought.

I know the Fords use a table like that for the cylinder gains, but they also allow you to change the settings at multiple engine loads. Typically you change them to 1 in the higher load areas...
    Sounds like Ford has a lot of things going for them. I heard they have wide band O2 sensors now too, but I have no idea if there’s any truth to that.

The injector data I got with these injectors did not have an option for the different offset table. I have no idea how I would do that…… And after the fiasco I had with the crappy pulse adder data they supplied, I would not be surprised if the rest of the data they sent is crap too.

Senior Tuner
    They do have widebands now...they're strange to tune if you're used to GM stuff...but the computer has some cool features.

What injectors are you running? 80's? The "data" for them at low pulsewidth is horrible.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Advanced Tuner
    Yah, you're not the first person to tell me the injector data sucks. I had to zero out the pw adder table to get MAF dialed in, and it's still not great in overdrive gears. They are 58 # / 4 bar rated. Re-branded Bosch injectors I bought from The Tuning School. I bought them believing their claim of being supplied with "correct data". Live and learn I guess. Long story, but I went back and forth with them on the data. I'm a bit nervous to try a different set, as I don't know if I can trust any of the injector resalers. ID's are too big for my needs and I don't really trust them either.

They aren't too big as long as you can control them consistently and predictably. I'm running ID1000's and really should be on something quite a bit smaller than that, but they work fine. I won't say their data is absolutely 1000% perfect, but I do believe it's the closest you'll find

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    That's good to know. I'm just gun shy at this point. These are my second set of injectors and I'm tired of throwing money away. The one other nagging thing with larger injectors is tricking the ecu with the stoic table, or scaling the tune. I know many do both successfully, but if there is one thing I've learned, is that doing these workarounds generally leads to some obscure table going bonkers. I guess I'm just being very conservative with further tweaks. I may just bite the bullet and try some ID 725's. I'm not quite there yet.

Advanced Tuner
    You can use ID's and have no issues. The data is good. I had 850's and switched to 1000's. Plugged in the new data and had to do almost nothing else. I use the stoich trick on my old setup (eforce with 850's) and my new setup (YSI with 1000's) and there are no issues. I am not an expert tuner but have no trouble getting my car to run right.
    If you are interested, a friend of mine just switched and had a set of ID725's to sell. I can check if he still has them. They were not in his car long so should be perfect.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

That's good to know. I'm just gun shy at this point. These are my second set of injectors and I'm tired of throwing money away. The one other nagging thing with larger injectors is tricking the ecu with the stoic table, or scaling the tune. I know many do both successfully, but if there is one thing I've learned, is that doing these workarounds generally leads to some obscure table going bonkers. I guess I'm just being very conservative with further tweaks. I may just bite the bullet and try some ID 725's. I'm not quite there yet.
    Yeah, doubling the stoich table/halving IFR is easy, and it works great. I haven't had any other issues. I'm a stock motor, stock cam, so nothing special, and ID1000's are still fine. 725's should be just as good or better.

You have to cut the IVT terms in half also BTW, otherwise the calculated intake valve temp goes sky high.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Sure. I'm interested. This engine is probably making 650 at the crank, plus/minus. Just enough to push me over the edge of comfort with the oe injectors (or I would have kept using them). Do you still have my email?

Sure. I'm interested. This engine is probably making 650 at the crank, plus/minus. Just enough to push me over the edge of comfort with the oe injectors (or I would have kept using them). Do you still have my email?
    Just give up, save money, and run the stockers Michael. I'm at 90-92% and I don't seem to have any issues.... I've logged quite a bit and its never gone over 92% regardless of day, weather, gas, etc. So I don't see the point in switching.

Advanced Tuner
    That pony has already left the barn. I was hitting 90% in third gear. Don't know what it was in fourth over about 4500 with the stock injectors, cause I have yet to get this car on a dyno, and don't want to get the car impounded.

Advanced Tuner
    I still have it. The guy is away until Friday so I will check with him on the weekend. I have a good memory, but its very short...LOL... remind me Monday in case I forget.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Advanced Tuner
    So is this table useful to adjust for a lean running cylinder?
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

In theory, yes. But in practice, I have no idea.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    In theory, yes. But in practice, I have no idea.

I tried in cylinder D/2. 1.01 as the plug seems to always read a bit hotter. It was a no go. On half to full throttle the car would not respond. It would choke itself off.
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Very strange. I saw in the details about the table it had some kind of warning about at high loads it could do strange things. I wish it worked as expected though. Would be nice for the LS guys that know cyl 7/8 are more likely to go boom.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    I know this is ancient but I haven't seen a newer discussion and wanted to add another data point to this discussion...I tried adding 2% fuel to cylinders 7&8 on my ZL1 now that I'm 28% overdriven with cam etc. The car immediately started losing all fuel pressure at exactly 4000rpm. I'm running a BAP and the runs before this I was holding steady at 65psi and below 50% IDC, after the change it drops to 28psi at 4000rpm then slowly builds back to about 45. The wideband spiked to lambda 1.0 at almost full boost at 4k...glad it's still winter and my IAT was 35 degrees lol. I sure hope it goes away when I reflash today.
    69 Chevelle 418" LS3, 11.25:1,PRC 260 heads, TSP 235/239, Longtubes, dual 3", 4L80, 3.42
    2010 Corvette Grand Sport A6, Heartbeat blower, 78mm pulley/10% lower, Kooks Long Tubes, 224/232 blower cam, ID1050x's, ECS stage 1 fuel system, alkycontrol meth system