Thread: How to save video with overlay from App?

Potential Tuner

How to save video with overlay from App?

I can watch the video with the different overlay options on my phone in the app, but how do you save the video with an overlay.

If it's an iOS device, tap "Share" -> "Render Video to Album"

If it's an Android device, that feature isn't available just yet. Android has some complications with video processing that are being worked through...

In either case, you also have the option to send the data and video to the RaceRender software to create data overlays with far more options. It will accept a WiFi transfer from TrackAddict if you go to "File" -> "Receive Files over Network / WiFi", and then in TrackAddict, tap "Share" -> "WiFi Transfer". The Free edition of RaceRender is usually sufficient to export a fast lap, autocross run, or drag strip pass.

Potential Tuner
    I know...dead thread. 5 years later..but did they ever fix this for android? Itd be so much easier to just save video to my phone to share with friends instead of having to go home, fire up laptop, open race render, connect phone to laptop, transfer file to laptop, create video in race render, save it, then transfer THAT file back to phone.

Potential Tuner
    I don't know if it's fixed yet, but you can use this app to record the video right off your phone.
    https://www.apowersoft.com/screen-recorder.html