Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodge LX NGC Tuning - A Starters How To

Senior Tuner
    Couple causes, but make sure you have the same rpms or very close rpms for minimum and base idle rpms. Any big changes itll have a hard time with a quick change in idle rpm requirements.

The other cause is not enough air (lower your throttle body airflows, so it cracks it open more) or not enough timing (raise your PT Timing).

Potential Tuner
    Hey mate, great explanation. when I scan mine at idle I only have 2-4 degrees timimg, is this normal?

cam 19.hpt

good info

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for this. I followed the steps exactly as you did and used the same values as my build is very similar. One thing I have a question about is the Volumetric Efficiency. In my tables, the Y axis is Ratio, not KPA. I have not adjusted those tables as I was unsure if that is the table you meant. I have two VE tables, bank 1 and bank two. If the Ratio on mine is the same as KPA, I can get them adjusted quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougnordlund View Post
    Thank you for this. I followed the steps exactly as you did and used the same values as my build is very similar. One thing I have a question about is the Volumetric Efficiency. In my tables, the Y axis is Ratio, not KPA. I have not adjusted those tables as I was unsure if that is the table you meant. I have two VE tables, bank 1 and bank two. If the Ratio on mine is the same as KPA, I can get them adjusted quite easily.
    By "Ratio" it means pressure ratio, which is already calculated for you in the Maths section so you can add that to your graph. Look in Maths - Pressure
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by Elton View Post
    Hey mate, great explanation. when I scan mine at idle I only have 2-4 degrees timimg, is this normal?

cam 19.hpt
    My car also idles in those spark ranges.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Potential Tuner
    I do not have a "Maths" section on my software. I have the newest version 3.0

Potential Tuner

response to message

Here is my tune that you asked for in the message. I could not send it in a message. I also forgot to mention that I have a walbro 450 lph fuel pump. Thank you for your help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Added SRT4 2 Bar map

MAP
    Map Sensor Linear - 1 bar = 21.46 2 Bar =46.38 3 Bar = 61.85
    Map Sensor Offset - 1 Bar = 7.00 Bar = 4.80 3 Bar = 6.8
    Map Sensor Offset (V) - 1 Bar = 0.10 2 Bar =0.10 3 Bar = 0.12

Tuner in Training
    Im gonna assume the above values are in kpa ?? Correct.. Thanks guys

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicEp81 View Post
    Im gonna assume the above values are in kpa ?? Correct.. Thanks guys
    Correct

Thank for the info.
    I would like to ask if you can explain variable cam table. Which one is for ex advance/retard and for in advance/retard?. Thanks.,

Tuner in Training Southwest Speed's Avatar
    Fantastic information here. Thanks 06300SRT8!

My biggest and only issue really seems to be adjusting for injector changes. Nothing like doing it with GM cars and trucks we've done in the past.

What would be a good example of simply changing injectors from a stock 392 car to a set of 43.5lb/725cc injectors? Would it simply be changing the value by the increase in percentage?

Thank you again for taking the time to put all this out. Great information.
    Southwest Speed LLC
    5116 Industrial Park Loop NE
    Rio Rancho, NM 87124
    505-554-9898
    https://www.facebook.com/southwestspeed/

http://www.southwestspeed.net

Thanks for starting this thread. I will be doing my first Dodge this week and after years of doing many GM products I must say it looks quite different. I hope we all can continue to add information here.

I'm going to bump this to the top for the other new guys to see. I'm decent at tuning GM vehicles, but Mopar is a whole new ballgame. Also, 06300CSRT8, if you've learned anything new over the last year with the added functionality, can you run through and update?

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Engine Diagnostics

Torque Correlation

Torque Delta - set to 966. This is the basic compare the PCM is doing of your right foot torque versus engine output. At this point you don't want the PCM to start meddling in between, example is you build this tune to produce 400lb ft at WOT based on the pedal inputs and the PCM calculates the motor is making 300lb ft, you DO NOT WANT it to start adding more timing and fuel to get the two in line. Just max out the difference allowed.

Torque Delta Fault - same here, set to 966
    Excellent write up on this 300, for this stuff up here, you may want to edit in that doing this (setting to max) you have effectively tuned out traction control. For some guys including myself living where it rains often, TC is MUCH needed.

Bumping this thread to find out if anybody has had luck tuning an na engine?

Tuner
    Absolutely! Lots of success stories tuning NA. What issues are you having? Posting your tune and log will help get answers

Tuner in Training
    I was logging info and my fuel trims were working. After I made some changes to the tune the Fuel Trims stopped recording. *I have tried loading the old version of the tune back in and I still have no luck. Please help. I am so close to getting this 2010 Challenger R/T running right. I am new to the tuning but all the info on here has got this far. now I'm stuck. HELP! thanks in advance

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyP View Post
    I was logging info and my fuel trims were working. After I made some changes to the tune the Fuel Trims stopped recording. *I have tried loading the old version of the tune back in and I still have no luck. Please help. I am so close to getting this 2010 Challenger R/T running right. I am new to the tuning but all the info on here has got this far. now I'm stuck. HELP! thanks in advance
    I got it figured out. I just reloaded the old tune and paste the new info into old tune and everything is working right again now.