Thread: Issue flashing TCM 2015 Z06 _ Times out

Issue flashing TCM 2015 Z06 _ Times out

I had an issue flashing the TCM on this Z06 a couple of weeks ago. The PCM flashed just fine but the TCM timed out and I couldn't get it to finish. I ended up going to my buddy at the dealer and having them recover it.
    I thought I was having an issue with my interface so I sent it in and had the credits transferred to a new interface.
    So now I have a new interface and cables. I'm using a Macbook Air running Windows Parallels and was scared to flash it again just in case that was a contributing factor.
    I got a Windows 7 Ultrabook to tune with, just in case.
    I tuned the car (PCM) but was still scared to flash the TCM again. Anyway today I forgot to uncheck the TCM box and it started to flash the TCM . It did exactly the same thing and timed out at 24 seconds. My buddy met me at the dealership and opened up the service area to flash the TCM. (on a Sunday no less)
    Now I'm scared to mess with the TCM at all. Any ideas?
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

Hey Andy that's very interesting try pulling the radio fuse, I'm not sure about these newer models but I know on Cadillacs you have to pull the radio/navi fuse otherwise flashes fail, maybe even pull anything like onstar etc.. if it exists.

It's the software. Every now and then they will break the Beta. I always keep a "known good" copy (old) of the Beta on hand in case a new update erases my TCM and won't reflash it....it does happen. Did you let support know and send them the required info?

No. It was Sunday and I was going to deliver the car to the customer when this happened.
    I'll have my 16 Z in a couple of weeks. I'm not flashing anyones TCM until I test on mine a little.
    I'll send the info to Bill when I get a chance.
    Thanks.
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

Tuner in Training
    Had a 2015 silverado over the weekend that would time out on tcm if i let it write both the ecm and tcm together. Found that if i wrote the ecm only, then afterwards wrote the tcm only, it would write ok every time. Luckily did not need a trip to the dealer.

Please make sure you are running the latest 2.25 and if you are, please e-mail support your Debug.dat file.