Thread: injector flow rate scaling?

Tuner

injector flow rate scaling?

im running a return style external regulator with no vac hooked up .. should I run the flow rate straight across or should it get larger as it goes up scale: rate vs kpa.. and how do you know how much to increase.. running them at 46 straight across now and I don't think im correct... thanks in advance
    67 camaro 6.0lq4 turbo build in process
    89 mustang coupe ls1 80mmturbo, holley dominator efi on e85
    02 lexus is300 lq4, cam,headers,fast 92 intake
    and no there isnt anything in my yard unmodified

If there is no vacuum hooked to the regulator and it's just static at 46# of pressure the IFR should be sloped. Take whatever the injectors are rated at (making sure to know whether they are rated at 3 or 4 bar of pressure) and plug it into the formula here to find their new flow: https://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx That is their flow at atmospheric. Then use the injector spreadshee to find your new IFR values.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Senior Tuner
    You should do the same for your injector offset table...it should not change relative to manifold pressure, it should only change relative to voltage now.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Mike he said he wasn't vacuum referened so I don't think thats correct. But I had never thought of that when I converted to a vacuum/boost referenced return style system. Hmmmm.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner
    where is the spreadsheet located for the ifr .. the 46# is the new flow. they are 39# injectors
    67 camaro 6.0lq4 turbo build in process
    89 mustang coupe ls1 80mmturbo, holley dominator efi on e85
    02 lexus is300 lq4, cam,headers,fast 92 intake
    and no there isnt anything in my yard unmodified

Quote Originally Posted by strokedcoupe View Post
    where is the spreadsheet located for the ifr .. the 46# is the new flow. they are 39# injectors
    I'll help Bill out, here is the file :-)

Copy of EC_TUNE'S injectorscalels em3.xls[

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 07-22-2015 at 07:50 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]