Thread: Caliber SRT4 question

Tuner in Training

Caliber SRT4 question

Hey yall! I have a very simple question that nobody has touched up on yet (as far as I've searched anyways). If you are familiar with mopars this should be easily understandable but I will do my best to put this in a universal question. I have an aftermarket ecm on my car which is the mopar stage 1 ecm. I bought the car used with this ecm and this ecm is discontinued. Can I write the oem ecm tune onto my ms1 (mopar stage 1) ecm even if it's a different os? Or vice versa? Should I accidently fry my ecu via learning the hard way could I right my saved ms1 tune and revin a new ecu? Thanks in advance. I've done alot of reading and it's answered alot of my questions but this is one thing I want to be 100% sure of.

Quote Originally Posted by nickstipe View Post
    Hey yall! I have a very simple question that nobody has touched up on yet (as far as I've searched anyways). If you are familiar with mopars this should be easily understandable but I will do my best to put this in a universal question. I have an aftermarket ecm on my car which is the mopar stage 1 ecm. I bought the car used with this ecm and this ecm is discontinued. Can I write the oem ecm tune onto my ms1 (mopar stage 1) ecm even if it's a different os? Or vice versa? Should I accidently fry my ecu via learning the hard way could I right my saved ms1 tune and revin a new ecu? Thanks in advance. I've done alot of reading and it's answered alot of my questions but this is one thing I want to be 100% sure of.
    Please e-mail your MS1 file to support and we should be able to verify this for you.

Senior Tuner
    Not matter what you decide you can or cannot do, make sure to take a full read of that MS1 PCM and save a copy. It has a lot of good starting points in redoing the factory tune for a factory turbo.

Tuner in Training
    I will when I get home Engineer. Thanks you for the quick response. I will most definately save and secure the ms1 tune.

Tuner in Training
    If we can get the Caliber SRT4 added to the Repository, that'd be great. I have quite a bit of different tune files i could share, including full E85 tunes.
    It would help this platform IMMENSELY!
    However i have not ran into the MS1 yet so no data on that but i would like to know if it is the same OS as well.

Potential Tuner
    My car came with ms1 as well, we tried to tune over the ms1 and it did not work very well, the car would hit a wall at 4,600 rpm literally like a Rev limiter there, we found that the issue was that the boost could not pass 18 psi before 4,600 or it would hit that famous wall, l ordered a new factory pcm and still no luck, for some reason whatever we write does not copy into the new factory pcm

Tuner in Training
    I need my customer center updated to 2.25. Ive already sent the email but if there is any way possible I could get that expedited that would be excellent.

Tuner in Training
    Hey Chris can you post up your tune file and a log? I'll check it out and see if i notice anything odd.

Tuner in Training
    Hey Chris it sounds like you need to raise your overboost test enable rpms. ms1 has it set to 1800, and if youre boosting at 18psi when ms1 holds 15psi its going to close the throttle. Hopefully thatll help!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_csrt4 View Post
    My car came with ms1 as well, we tried to tune over the ms1 and it did not work very well, the car would hit a wall at 4,600 rpm literally like a Rev limiter there, we found that the issue was that the boost could not pass 18 psi before 4,600 or it would hit that famous wall, l ordered a new factory pcm and still no luck, for some reason whatever we write does not copy into the new factory pcm
    Sorry for bringing this thread back to life but i have the same problem with a Caliber SRT4, ?anyone has the solution?

Advanced Tuner
    havent figured it out either & hpt support didnt know the answer to it.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.