Thread: Need a little help with boost control

Tuner in Training

Need a little help with boost control

Hi

I cannot for the life of me get the boost to increase on the FG

I have looked for other files and tried to copy the boost settings but to no avail.

Could someone please take a look at my file and tell me where i am going wrong?

Would be greatly appreciated, the car makes 230kw at wheels on 8psi with .80's fuel, i would like to run about 14 or 16psi boost.

Car does have injectors and exhaust, so it should be up to it.

cheers guys, tuned.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Which table are you adjusting to increase boost?
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Tuner in Training
    have tried increasing the desired boost map and wastegate duty cycle map.

where am i going wrong?

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post your stock and modded tune files please?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    the tuned file is in the first post. i will get you the file i started with when i get back to the laptop.

thanks

Tuner in Training
    here it is... I would just like to know what you have to do to get the boost control working well...

please help ???
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    the car was tuned with SCT before it came to me.... the original tuner is not available easily... but it can be if there is no other option... please help..

All the closed loop PID gains are zeroed out so the "Desired boost" table will have no affect on closed loop boost control. The duty cycle table is maxed out in a lot of places. If that doesn't boost like crazy I suspect a mechanical/electrical fault?

Tuner in Training
    so it looks ok to you then?

do the solonoids have issues on these cars?

Advanced Tuner
    I've never had one fail. I've had them get a bit sticky/slow to respond. A quick clean/Lube usually does wonders
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Are you 100% there's no mechanical issues that would cause this (ie wastegate stuck open/cat collapsed etc), I would suggest disconnecting the boost solenoid from the turbo and plugging the boost source line on the comp cover then run the car up and see what it does.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Pressure test the intercooler and pipes for leaks I have had issues with lost boost which was a boost leak in the throttle body to intercooler pipe rubber connector.
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Potential Tuner
    are you still having problems with this? I'm running 15psi (would be more but my valve springs hate me lol ) so you could copy my wastegate dc table if that helped

Advanced Tuner
    If you datalog requested boost does it match what is in the maps? What about fault codes anything regarding wastegate?

Sounds like the solenoid is stuck to me.
    Last edited by rolls; 08-28-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Tuner in Training
    intake rubber joiner on throttle body was cut and leaking boost.