Thread: 2015 Mustang GT...HELP

2015 Mustang GT...HELP

I'm having a real hard time trying to figure out timing on this damn car. ARH 1 7/8" JLT intake. Look at the timing, it looks like it jumps 10* about 5 times throughout the pull and I'm not sure whats going on, tried multiple things to fix it to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I'm tuning an Auto 15 with a Whipple and trust me,they do weird stuff..lol which mapped point are you commanding the timing you want?

Tuner in Training
    .880 Lambda is a lil lean @ WOT isn't it? not sure on the 15 OS's if KR is actually pulling or adding in your case,but it could be pulling based on your IPC Spark and or Cylinder Pressure Limit timing cause your Commanding between 23-25 degrees in mapped point 22,where you are at 100% at Mapped point 22 around 6700rpm but KR says 4.7 and timing is 24.5 at that time you are also allowing Knock Advance to add 10 degrees in the whole table so i think that table is the culprit...Zero out knock advance and see if it stabilizes..Just for my own piece of mind i always zero out that table so there is no adding issue that i don't want on my boosted cars..Just my 2 cents..lol

Eh that's not it, already tried it, there is 0 kr, it ran even less timing when I zeroed out that table. When I log spark source it says torque control when it acts up so its pulling it but I don't know how/why. Also stoich on these cars is 14.08 so .88 is 12.4 and it runs that perfectly during the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by 02GTP View Post
    Eh that's not it, already tried it, there is 0 kr, it ran even less timing when I zeroed out that table. When I log spark source it says torque control when it acts up so its pulling it but I don't know how/why. Also stoich on these cars is 14.08 so .88 is 12.4 and it runs that perfectly during the pull.
    .88 is lean.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    .88 is lean.
    Since when is 12.4 to 1 lean at wot? Its exactly what the dash readout is too, 12.3-12.4 @ wot. I should be able to go leaner than that.

Stock the car was running in the 10's at wot which is stupid rich, even for a boosted car which its not.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02GTP View Post
    Since when is 12.4 to 1 lean at wot? Its exactly what the dash readout is too, 12.3-12.4 @ wot. I should be able to go leaner than that.

Stock the car was running in the 10's at wot which is stupid rich, even for a boosted car which its not.
    For the coyote 5.0, .880 is lean. Engine likes richer fueling than that. Just try it and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    For the coyote 5.0, .880 is lean. Engine likes richer fueling than that. Just try it and see what happens.
    Ok, Ill try .850 and see what happens.

Advanced Tuner
    Keep us posted.

Tuner in Training
    For me the most power N/A was had at .84

Thanks to Eric, it ended up being the clutch protection. Still acts up in first gear but the rest of the gears are fine. Not sure why that is but oh well.
    Last edited by 02GTP; 07-27-2015 at 08:25 AM.

AFR numbers are pretty meaningless. You need to look at the lambda value.

.88 is lean. If you were going off the old gasoline stoich value that everyone is used to using .88 x 14.64 = 12.88 AFR.

So you can't think in those terms. .85 lambda is what you should be targeting, if you want the equivalent of 12.4
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC