Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would i be able to change gear ratio with HPT in my 2013 Wrangler A5 ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    OK, it works, so i mean it can program, it may have something to do when gears are changed, hard to say for now (not enough time for test),
    but defnitelly it's not changing speedo output. Jeep srt8 2008.
    So can HPT correct speedo or not ? Do you have the Diablo tuned loaded?, and tried to change the speedo on top of what Diablo did?
    I have Superchips, but not the tuner, only the device that can change tire size and gearing ratio, among other little stuff related to fog lights, and I don't want to mess with that yet

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    So can HPT correct speedo or not ?
    Yes. Use the 2.25 Scanner special functions utility.
    Jaime

Does this affect tire size or just rear gear?

Both.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    So can HPT correct speedo or not ? Do you have the Diablo tuned loaded?, and tried to change the speedo on top of what Diablo did?
    I have Superchips, but not the tuner, only the device that can change tire size and gearing ratio, among other little stuff related to fog lights, and I don't want to mess with that yet
    I tested in on Jeep Turbo with my build and tune, no Diablo there. I did this test because i have problem with other car. So it was not affecting speedo, but it was changed because it was read changed by diablo as i tested and there were different values at HPT also. I did additional check and it was not affected with what speed gears were changed as they change not by speed but by engine rpm.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl