Thread: WOT 2nd to 3rd gear shift hitting rev limiter

Tuner in Training

WOT 2nd to 3rd gear shift hitting rev limiter

I have a level 5 RPM 4l60E trans with a Yank 3800 stall converter. The motor is a 5.7L 400hp to the wheels LS1 with a additional 100hp shot of nitrous. Shifting at 6500 rpm in both 1-2 and 2-3. The tranny shifts perfectly NA. When I run the nitrous the 1-2 is again perfect (within 75rpm)but my 2-3 shift is hitting my rev limiter which is set at 6800rpm. I am not grasping what I need to do to get the 2-3 shift corrected. I have slowly moved my WOT rpm and speed tables down in increments to as low as 6000 rpm and 75 mph and I still hit the rev limiter. I have attached my NA tune, a nitrous tune, a NA log and a Nitrous log. What am I missing?

zero the shift times. Reduce force motor a little more. Make sure the part throttle 100% cell matches the WOT table. Then scan current gear. If it commands the shift and doesnt make the shift its mechanical at that point

Tuner in Training
    Its not a mechanical issue as I had the trans out and RPM has gone through it and verified its good. I understand making the part throttle and WOT tables match and will look at zeroing the shift times. Reducing the force motor a little is not as clear. Never done this before. Could you define a little and clarify why this will help. Appreciate the help. Thanks 262