Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LTG E85 PE table

Tuner in Training
    I guess where i'm confused on is that is a .25 difference from gas to alcohol PE, with being 68-70% ethanol i would have thought the commanded pe eq ratio would have been around 1.17-1.175 and not the 1.195 it commanded. I would assume PE alcohol would be factored off of 100% ethanol. It took 78% of the 1.25 to command 1.195, where as i thought it would have used the ethanol sensor at 68% and commanded 1.175. Maybe i am over thinking this, but i wanted to figure out exactly how it worked between gas and alcohol pe tables.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Pe is pe there is no blend ratio therefor the gas pe and alcohol pe have a hard coded crossover point determined by composition sensor. The blending comes from the stoich table vs composition blend.

Tuner in Training
    I think i'm throwing in the towel on E85, i just can not get a/f or fuel trims stable. Getting random spikes, it goes from way lean off the chart, add 10% to maf calibration and its rich off the chart. I have countless hours in this car tuning and trying to learn the way it operates and in 15 years of tuning efi, i have to say this is by far the worst i have ever dealt with, most hours with least amount of results. It is just very complicated and i'm about to the point i'm sick of wasting time on it. I had it close on gas but trying e85 again ruined me. I appreciate all your help overbooster.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Anytime. if you try again I'd like to hear about it some more.

Hello, brother, I want to ask you:
    1: Whether the original ATS injector can meet the injection volume of E85(map 280kp maf 340g/s)
    2: What should the AFR be set to under high load conditions?

thanks

About E85 AFR map 280kp maf 340g/s

Hello, brother, I want to ask you:
    1: Whether the original ATS injector can meet the injection volume of E85(map 280kp maf 340g/s)
    2: What should the AFR be set to under high load conditions?

thanks

How is the tuning effect of the E85 now?

Tuner in Training
    I'm running full E85 currently on complete stock fuel system. FBO, 23 psi 33 LB/hr MAF Flow running 12.8 AFR to redline, no issues. I did bump up the fuel pressure at upper RPM's in the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by ATrim View Post
    I have flex sensor active and set to sensor, but just checked and the dtc are set to no report. I attached the file as this is not a stock file. I have no cat on the car currently so I think I disabled most of that. I have been tinkering for awhile with this and did some ve tuning but ended up going back to a stock vve table. I will enable all the flex sensor dtc I can find and try that.
    Can't open attached file