Thread: Spark table advice LS1 VY SS

Tuner in Training

Spark table advice LS1 VY SS

Looking for the best High octane table and opinions on my current table.
    I've tried various tables and haven't noticed a great deal of difference.
    This table doesn't cause any knock issues but I feel there must be something better out there or some timing I can add to get the most power and acceleration in the lower RPM. Up top is OK but it still feels sluggish in lower RPM.
    VE table is pretty spot on with Wide band.

Opinions and advice would be great.

TIACustom OS Mafless.hpt

um i advance it until it shows kr then back it down one or two degrees. that's your engines usable max. just my two cents.

Advanced Tuner
    I answered one of your post's didn't see this one bud....Got any Log's mate?....As regards to timing done any dyno work to see what amount your engine likes/makes best power/torque?..The PE enrichment you can ramp it up slowly from down low instead of 1.1338.....Under the Torque management section(engine) mate zero out the spark retard vs torque reduction and also the torque loss% vs spark...Also under the injector disable etc set both of those tables to 255....Also the traction control section zero out that if you like..You can also turn off the LTFT also.....Cheers Bret@ultimatelsxtuning
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 08-16-2015 at 08:04 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Brett that's a big help. I'll post some logs. That's probably my biggest drama too that I don't have dyno access. Going by road driving feel at the moment which is a pretty junk way to tune I know.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Howes View Post
    um i advance it until it shows kr then back it down one or two degrees. that's your engines usable max. just my two cents.
    thats really not the best way to do it. MBT could be a lot lower timing value than where the engine knocks.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSTroll View Post
    Thanks Brett that's a big help. I'll post some logs. That's probably my biggest drama too that I don't have dyno access. Going by road driving feel at the moment which is a pretty junk way to tune I know.
    Cheers
    No probs mate, keep us informed and if you need any advice/help don't hesitate to PM Mate

The best 2 ways to measure timing +/- gains are at the track or a dyno. I don't recommend the add timing until it knocks approach so to speak. I have seen cases where depending on the application, you can add timing but there are no real power gains. I have also seen were adding too much timing can reduce torque.

There are so many different variables that can effect timing from quench to weight/load and climate just to name a few. But you usually can find a sweet spot.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]