Thread: Go Pro support with wifi

Go Pro support with wifi

Ok I have a OBD Link that communicates through wifi and my go pro is only wifi. I have a Iphone 5s and the OBDLink does not communicate with apple on Bluetooth, only wifi. So if my OBDLink needs wifi and my Go pro needs wifi how can I operate both of them? Really excited about using all of this but can't get it to work.
    Thanks
    Justin
    Too many unfinished projects

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbott View Post
    Ok I have a OBD Link that communicates through wifi and my go pro is only wifi. I have a Iphone 5s and the OBDLink does not communicate with apple on Bluetooth, only wifi. So if my OBDLink needs wifi and my Go pro needs wifi how can I operate both of them? Really excited about using all of this but can't get it to work.
    Thanks
    Justin
    Unfortunately with WiFi devices, your iPhone can only connect to one of those networks at a time, so we're limited by that. You end up having to choose one or the other... Most people in this situation would connect to the OBDLink WiFi, and then control the GoPro manually or by using its dedicated remote control.

Our control of a GoPro is only to automate the starting/stopping of its own recording, and that video remains separate on the GoPro itself, so the good news is that you're not really missing any features here other than convenience. In either case, you would typically use the RaceRender desktop software to combine the GoPro (or other) footage with the TrackAddict data and video.