Thread: 2010 Ram Hemi, electronic throttle tuning and traction control disable help

Potential Tuner

Question 2010 Ram Hemi, electronic throttle tuning and traction control disable help

How is everyone? I am new to tuning dodge, I have mainly done gm, so with that said I was wondering if you guys could tell me which tables I need to work with to disable traction control in the ram and which tables I need to work with to make sure the throttle body is actually going to be at WOT when commanded and no hesitation or limitations. Your help is greatly appreciated. Again it is a 2010 dodge ram hemi. I am trying to remove all the factory throttle response limitations and traction control. gotta put all the power to the wheels and bring the damn truck to life.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...4-throttle-lag
    In the above thread I posted a tuning guide to throttle tuning for dodge hemi. It is for a 2011+ but your 2010 is very similar and still works in the same way .
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac
    99 s10 w/ 09 G8 L76 turbo

Question: on the Gen 4 Viper, we have a drive-by-wire table labeled Pedal Percent Torque Request - it is very similar to Ram's Pedal Percent Power Request table, only instead of being set up in terms of pedal voltage and NVRatio, it is set up by pedal % and RPM, with the values in the table being the % of torque being requested.

Here's the actual question: for the percentage of torque being requested, what is it a percentage of? Max torque at the given RPM?
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Senior Tuner
    Should be the percent of the max torque value overall, not max torque by rpm. I would think of it the same way our tables are setup in the NGC3 and NGC4 PCMs. think of it as a relative table, if you want more power delivered with less pedal, raise up the values by a certain percentage in the left columns of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Should be the percent of the max torque value overall, not max torque by rpm. I would think of it the same way our tables are setup in the NGC3 and NGC4 PCMs. think of it as a relative table, if you want more power delivered with less pedal, raise up the values by a certain percentage in the left columns of the table.
    Allow me to expand - I have to work within the confines of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    yes we are working on this one, unfortunately its in a protected section that we are trying to find a workaround for. The issue is the driver demand torque and the calculated actual torque must be within about 120Nm of each other or this code will occur and REP mode. If you can tweak the tables so the torques stay close to each other that would work. We know exactly what the issue is (we support these tables for NGC and GPEC controllers) so hopefully the answer will come soon.
    In this case, REP mode causes the most ridiculous stumbling, spitting and general nastiness you've ever seen, enough so that you can't even drive the car until you shut it off and do a reflash. Heaven help you if you are on a road without a shoulder to pull off on to.

I can log something referred to as "potential torque" from the list of PIDs I have available, which varies by RPM. There's another table in the editor, seen here:

Where the peak torque also varies by RPM. Unfortunately, this table does not match up to the logged potential torque PID (the logged values are substantially higher than the values in this table).

Bottom line: if I can figure out what is being referenced by the Pedal % Torque Request table, I can work around the 120 N-m bounds to alter the throttle response without triggering limp mode. I can log the actual calculated torque values, so I just need this other part of the puzzle. At least that's what I'm trying to do.
    11.02 @ 130

Senior Tuner
    what do you see under your Engine Diagnostic tab, in the General tab?

This:

The problem with the Gen 4/5 Venom PCM is that it is unique to this platform, and uses a different base code than the rest of the Mopar lineup.
    11.02 @ 130

Senior Tuner
    Alright so now I see what is missing and what the engineers is saying is encrypted, we have access to the allowable torque difference, you do not.

I would setup a log and setup a graph identical to that peak torque table, with rpms same as the table across the top and log the torque coming out. If you have a log already you can set it up and itll fill it in. We need to see what values that thing is spitting out.

I already have that data and the histogram set up, although I've got it set up currently to only spit out values logged at WOT (since that would be as "peak" as you could get). Unfortunately, it is on my computer at home at the moment. I'll make another thread later since I've already done a fantastic job of derailing this one. My apologies.
    11.02 @ 130

Senior Tuner
    Ok, I am curious to see the values that it is recording. Can you post up your screen shot of the Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle tab?

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Ok, I am curious to see the values that it is recording. Can you post up your screen shot of the Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle tab?
    I've logged both the calculated actual torque and something called "potential torque" - at WOT, the actual torque values usually stay in the low 500 range, with potential torque values ranging from the mid to upper 500s to mid to upper 600s. I'll get you some screen captures when I get home this afternoon/evening.
    11.02 @ 130

Senior Tuner
    also post up a screen shot of that tab mentioned in my previous post, might be some places to adjust the actual torque calc, or just post up your tune too and I can open on my end.

Potential Tuner
    lol we got a little off topic, but thats good stuff being able to work out other issues that are close, i appreciate the help i am going to read up on that thread you sent me, the 2011 hemi should work just fine, i will post some more questions if i have any. The dodge parameters are definatly alot different than the gm stuff so i was definatly confused lol. What about traction control parameters? I know like the gm stuff you can pretty much command 100% torque and it is pretty easy to disable any power robbing traction antrol parameters. Now is the dodge tuning mainly just based off the electronic throttle? Is there any hidden traction parameters in spark or fueling that i need to worry about? sorry if the questions seem dumb or obvious, i just figure i would start from scratch here with the dodge tuning since this is my first dodge. I wanna get a understanding of the dodge parameters. thank you in advance.

My apologies...I've moved the content to another thread that I started a while back.
    11.02 @ 130