Thread: Maximum RPM

Tuner

Maximum RPM

New add on

What's this ???

Quote Originally Posted by RevHard View Post
    New add on

What's this ???
    Exactly what it says. It's the max rpm limiter (for ETC vehicles). This was the mysterious rpm limiter that some were hitting while tuning Hellcats.
    Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 08-02-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Is this the rev-limiter that I have been waiting for to keep a 2010 Challenger from hitting it before every shift? I would think so however in my calibration is set at 65,535,so i assume it does nothing in this calibration. I was successful in tuning this car to over 700rwhp with HPTuners however nothing I change will let the car go past a 5.8-6K limiter that I cant see. I sent the TCM out and had it programmed for 6200 shifts and 6600 limits, I also tried a Mopar SRT TCM. The two TCMs did nothing for the car but cause it to hit the limiter on every wot shift. The original TCM shifted at 5400 and never hit a limiter the two new units are trying to shift at 6200 but now just hit the limiter in that 5800-6000k area every time. Its been about nine months of no sucess and frustration. Any Help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bad383ta View Post
    Is this the rev-limiter that I have been waiting for to keep a 2010 Challenger from hitting it before every shift? I would think so however in my calibration is set at 65,535,so i assume it does nothing in this calibration. I was successful in tuning this car to over 700rwhp with HPTuners however nothing I change will let the car go past a 5.8-6K limiter that I cant see. I sent the TCM out and had it programmed for 6200 shifts and 6600 limits, I also tried a Mopar SRT TCM. The two TCMs did nothing for the car but cause it to hit the limiter on every wot shift. The original TCM shifted at 5400 and never hit a limiter the two new units are trying to shift at 6200 but now just hit the limiter in that 5800-6000k area every time. Its been about nine months of no sucess and frustration. Any Help would be appreciated.
    How much boost are you running? It is probably not the rev limiter but the dumb 255kpa boost limit the 2009 and up PCMs have, and there is no access to it. Solution is tuners have been using the prehistoric method of a map clamp to keep the voltage down below that level. Right at 14.5 psi is where itll happen, PCM will just start to close the throttle body and pull timing.

Senior Tuner
    Just did a write up on the PCM and TCM rev limits, have a read and see if you need to adjust anything. If youre seeing spark and fuel cut before your 6400 limit I see in your tune, its something else.

Thanks for the nice little write up on Revlimiters. I have No spark or fuel cut that I noted. Just throttle cut and yes I am hitting 14 or so pounds of boost when this happens. So now what do I do with my boost limit? I have a programmed TCM from one of the places that you spoke of above and they never brought up any of this information. Just that it was all good on there side of things. Knowledge is Key, but the hardest part is finding people to share it.

Again Thank You

Senior Tuner
    Thanks for the nice little write up on Revlimiters. I have No spark or fuel cut that I noted. Just throttle cut and yes I am hitting 14 or so pounds of boost when this happens. So now what do I do with my boost limit? I have a programmed TCM from one of the places that you spoke of above and they never brought up any of this information. Just that it was all good on there side of things. Knowledge is Key, but the hardest part is finding people to share it.

Again Thank You
    Install a MAP clamp, and clamp the voltage so the PCM never sees anything above 13.5-14 psi. I will PM you some info on purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    How much boost are you running? It is probably not the rev limiter but the dumb 255kpa boost limit the 2009 and up PCMs have, and there is no access to it. Solution is tuners have been using the prehistoric method of a map clamp to keep the voltage down below that level. Right at 14.5 psi is where itll happen, PCM will just start to close the throttle body and pull timing.
    06300csrt8, Did you mean a 205kpa boost limit? That works with your 14.5 psi boost limit. 255kpa should should be a limit over 22 psi. If the boost limit is indeed 14.5 psi as you stated then that must be it. I just went for a ride in the car and with our slow logging frame rate I was able to register 14.47 psi at 201 KPA and a pressure ratio of 1.99 @ 5948 rpms, the next frame the throttle was down to 42% and then 12%.
    Last edited by bad383ta; 08-03-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Typo, yes 205kpa.

Advanced Tuner
    Surely there is a way to defeat the 205 kPa limit on the software side. Not to say that HP Tuners has found that limiter, obviously. But, aside from a limitation of the base OS, there's no reason hardware wise that the newer PCMs shouldn't be able to handle beyond 205 kPa.

Senior Tuner
    Agreed, that's up to the engineers and we can't be of any help with CMR info as Diablo also hasn't found it.