Thread: 2010 maggie charged 6.1

Tuner in Training

2010 maggie charged 6.1

I am helping a buddy of mine tune his new car, 2010 challenger srt supercharged. he bought it from another dealer and I think it is vin locked. we have some ping under a load and need to fix asap. when I connect through the editor it cannot find vcm, but if I connect through the scanner I can log data? any help please and thanks in advance.

Senior Tuner
    any errors coming up when you try?

Quote Originally Posted by Parriott View Post
    I am helping a buddy of mine tune his new car, 2010 challenger srt supercharged. he bought it from another dealer and I think it is vin locked. we have some ping under a load and need to fix asap. when I connect through the editor it cannot find vcm, but if I connect through the scanner I can log data? any help please and thanks in advance.
    Make sure you're using 2.25 Beta. If you don't have 2.25, please email support. Make sure to include your serial number in the email.

Tuner in Training
    I downloaded 2.25 beta from the customer screen but the suite info still says 2.24. Am I not downloading the right pack?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    any errors coming up when you try?
    Yes I am getting vcm read error check for key in run cannot locate vcm.

I downloaded 2.25 beta from the customer screen but the suite info still says 2.24. Am I not downloading the right pack?
    You should download the installer package from your customer page and then run the installer to install 2.25. Make sure you open the correct version as they will install side-by-side. If you do that and are still having issues, try to uninstall your current version of 2.24 first, then install 2.25.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I can now use the 2.25, thank you Mark! I will try to read his vcm again later and let you know if it doesnt work!

Tuner in Training
    challenger ping 6th cruise.hpl2010 challenger miggie first read.hptOk guys. I am lost, with 2.25 I cannot go in and change the sensitivity of the knock sensors. Were getting some terrible ping 1200-3000 rpms in 6th at 55mph+ but zero knock retard.

Senior Tuner
    challenger ping 6th cruise.hpl2010 challenger miggie first read.hptOk guys. I am lost, with 2.25 I cannot go in and change the sensitivity of the knock sensors. Were getting some terrible ping 1200-3000 rpms in 6th at 55mph+ but zero knock retard.
    Yes you can. It's in "Spark/Knock Sensors" in the "Engine" menu.

Make sure you're in "Advanced" view.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Do I adjust the threshold amount? I seem to remember having to adjust an entire graph rpm vs map, knock vs global gain or something. here I only see by cylinder or threshold. I appreciate the guidance! Thank you!

Senior Tuner
    Adjust the per cylinder threshhold. You can also try and work with the severity mult. tables, but I've never tried those so I have no feedback.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Ok I will start by adding like .8 per table and see where it gets me. thank you!

Senior Tuner
    confused you hear audible knocking but the PCM isn't showing any knock retard? Upping the threshold means youre desensitizing them and it will have even less of a chance to pull timing. Wouldn't do that.

Senior Tuner
    The knock sensors are turned off, VERY VERY bad. turn them back on, don't touch the thresholds, see how it acts. Probably going to need to take 5-6* minimum out of the WOT table too, that is way too much timing for pump gas.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 08-07-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Turn the sensors back on, and take out 4* of timing from the PT base spark all rpms and up through 79.4 kPa. See how it behaves.

Tuner in Training
    I honestly cannot believe I missed that... Thank you so much, I will load this up tomorrow and see how she does. I think the car was tuned for race fuel or something... o well learning every chance I can get!