Thread: Hello everyone, Yup I'm new, Help needed.

Tuner in Training

Hello everyone, Yup I'm new, Help needed.

I can read the help files and they are great. I just need a list of topics 1 thru whatever, from start to finish. I can do the research. Should I turn off the rear o2s, disable egr and AIR, etc. then move on to torque management, then get the fuel right, then timing, etc.? Just the topics would be nice. I can read I just need a chronological order if that's possible.
    TIA,
    Mike

P.S. I have a 2001 Silverado 2500HD 6.0l not much for mods, K&N intake filter, Magnaflow muffler, soon headers and efans. I'm looking to fine tune for the most power and mileage if it's doable. I here these trucks take a tune well.
    Last edited by givittua; 03-28-2006 at 06:09 AM.

I'd just start with what won't blow your vehicle up, so DTCs first, then the order you listed should get you going. I'm assuming it is an auto trans, so maybe figuring out shift points and such before you do fueling and timing stuff.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Tuner in Training
    Thanks MeentSS02,
    So what do you think?
    1. turn off the rear o2s, disable egr and AIR ???
    2. get rid DTCs for these and any others
    3. adjust shift points to my liking
    4. then just follow the LS1 Tuning info 1. doc

I have an Innovate wide band hooked up on the driver's side before the cat. It's setup for the w/b and n/b. I have the gauge too. I don't have the extra money right now for the EIO. Do you know if there's a way I can use the wide band to help me tune/log the fuel/air? Please disregard my last question if it's inappropriate here.
    Yes, my truck is an automatic.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

Hmmmmmmm...you could do some basic logging and tuning with no EIO, but it'd be sketchy at best. You'd have to use the wideband's logging software, and do a lot of cross referencing.

Other than that, sounds like a plan.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Tuner in Training
    Do you mean transfering into HPTuners? If so, do you know how? And can this info be transfered into the PCM to control air/fuel?

By the way nice wheels, my truck is all black, actually, my last two trucks were black.

I think MeentSS02 is talking about using spreadsheet programs like MS Excel to work with & correlate the data.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I just reread and responded to the other thread about this. Can you answer?
    Thanks