Thread: Read/Write issues commodore VE auto "bootloader timed out"

Tuner

Read/Write issues commodore VE auto "bootloader timed out"

Hi all,
    over the last week I have been having issues with reading and writing VE commodore ss 08 - 10 MY. E38 E40 I believe?

I have been getting "Bootloader Download timed out" several times, I have tried different
    USB cables,
    having jump pack on vehicle,
    having jump pack off vehicle,
    Removing radio fuse,
    Low speed read,
    auto headlamp relay out,
    TCM fuse pulled,
    Scanner closed
    and have good laptop charge.

Although these issues I can still connect read and write to VZ models and down.

I have the latest version of software installed and have also tried re-install/repair.

Where to now?

Any ideas to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Tuner
    have also tried 2.25 beta with no luck. also laptop is a Dell E6230 if that's any more help.

Advanced Tuner
    Two things o check if you haven't already.

Make sure the scanner software is disconnected when you are trying to read/write. The vcm will only connect to one at a time.

Are you opening the Editor from the originally installed shortcut, and not a new shortcut that may have been moved to a new folder or desktop?

Seems like those are the most common causes

Tuner
    yep have had scanner closed every time, re-installed software with shortcuts left alone.
    have changed system property settings from XPserv3 to XPserv2 and will try that this week.
    will also look to see if any ipod interface is fitted and disconnect.
    Thanks for the ideas guys.

Advanced Tuner
    Does the scanner work?

I wonder if it is a problem in the obd port, or the VCM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markmx6 View Post

Are you opening the Editor from the originally installed shortcut, and not a new shortcut that may have been moved to a new folder or desktop?

Seems like those are the most common causes
    I just wanted to follow up on this issue - i just tried to connect both my scanner and run the editor with no luck. was stuck on the failed bootloader screen over and over, whether it was high speed or low, even charged the battery in the car. What fixed it for me was opening the editor and scanner using the originally installed shortcuts in their original untouched locations on the PC. they were in a folder called VCM Suite. Hope that helped, I was relieved to finally figure out the issue!

Advanced Tuner
    Very cool, glad I could help.

I did exactly the same thing