Thread: Randomish high idle

Potential Tuner

Randomish high idle

When we first got the car it drove and and acted fine. About two months ago it started hanging up around 2000 rpm while driving and would slowly drop down to about 1200 when stopping but jump up to 2000-3000 in park or neutral. Commanded idle is 900 at operating temp. I put a new tps sensor on it after noticing the inside of the old one was kinda busted up. It drives much better with the new one but still does the same stuff but not as bad, except in park and neutral. Last night i logged tps voltage and iac motor. The voltage was low, around .35v, and the iac count started at 305 and gradually dropped down to 0, as it dropped the idle came up. My question is, are my tps sensor and iac fighting each other because of the way low tps voltage?

Advanced Tuner
    You probably have a vacuum leak somewhere. What car and motor is this and what kind of mods do you have?

Potential Tuner
    Theres not much of a vacuum system to leak. 02 camaro sbe ls1, ls6 heads, vic jr, accufab 4150, trex cam. James short tuned. Doest act like a vacuum leak. The only thing attached to the intake is the brake hose and its not leaking. No accumulation around intake ports. Closed loop sd. The more i think about it the more it seems like the tps and iac are fighting each other. Ses light is on for low tps voltage. Thinking the iac is opening all the way up to keep it running because tps voltage is low