Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 z06 throttle lag

yes you can log everything.

Tuner in Training
    I use the pid mentioned in "working with the e78 ECM"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Klumsy View Post
    reving in neutral feels sluggish and rolling in the street throttle wont open fully till 4500+

Throttle is only going to open enough to supply the commanded air mass. Demand more air.

Mike

Another thing I've noticed with the throttle opening at least with the NA cars; if the throttle is open 70 % at WOT and manifold pressure is at 100 Kpa...then why do you need the throttle open any more? This is why opening the throttle early typically yields nothing. This is done for torque control as its less of a swing to go to 70% to 0 vs 100 to 0 if the controller requests a traction control event.

The Z has a similar pattern but can also back off boost with the blade. These engines are pretty efficient to fill the manifold with less then 100 % throttle opening.
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS View Post
    Another thing I've noticed with the throttle opening at least with the NA cars; if the throttle is open 70 % at WOT and manifold pressure is at 100 Kpa...then why do you need the throttle open any more? This is why opening the throttle early typically yields nothing. This is done for torque control as its less of a swing to go to 70% to 0 vs 100 to 0 if the controller requests a traction control event.

The Z has a similar pattern but can also back off boost with the blade. These engines are pretty efficient to fill the manifold with less then 100 % throttle opening.
    Agree and the less a vehicle weighs its more so...

Is this related to what several of us are seeing with Pedal Avg Position being say, 55% (take your pick) and ETC position shooting to 99%? I haven't figured this out yet.....Too much driver demand in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Is this related to what several of us are seeing with Pedal Avg Position being say, 55% (take your pick) and ETC position shooting to 99%? I haven't figured this out yet.....Too much driver demand in that area?
    I'm not sure if it is but sounds like it could be. Everyone has been going nuts over this "my throttle isn't opening" but in reality it really doesn't effect the power down low. Once the air-pump is full that's it. I think the "throttle dampening" with the Z is also by design for drive train longevity. The LT4 makes a lot of torque and GM is dead set on keeping the car alive for warranty. Also since the Z was developed as a road race car I think they make the power come on softer to avoid smacking the tire down low.

I've seen the Z actually drop 2-5 lbs of boost down low (at WOT) and the torque stays flat as a pancake. This again seems to trend with the idea that they bring in enough air to hit the power curve they desire.
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

I'm not sure if it is but sounds like it could be. Everyone has been going nuts over this "my throttle isn't opening" but in reality it really doesn't effect the power down low. Once the air-pump is full that's it. I think the "throttle dampening" with the Z is also by design for drive train longevity. The LT4 makes a lot of torque and GM is dead set on keeping the car alive for warranty. Also since the Z was developed as a road race car I think they make the power come on softer to avoid smacking the tire down low.

I've seen the Z actually drop 2-5 lbs of boost down low (at WOT) and the torque stays flat as a pancake. This again seems to trend with the idea that they bring in enough air to hit the power curve they desire.
    Unless of course.....we desire more. ;-)

Advanced Tuner
    Disabl Powerhop is a form of torque management.
    Last edited by C5 2000; 08-20-2015 at 10:30 PM.