Thread: 15 c7 tps wont go over 43 percent

Tuner in Training

15 c7 tps wont go over 43 percent

Stock vehicle besides a east coast supercharger. Don't know what I'm missing. But the throttle will not read past 43 percent.
    stock file and supercharged file attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wrong computer but I'll look soon...
    Who set up the tune??

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Thinking there might be another issue
    codes p1516 p2101 p2227 and p2229 were all coming up. Causing the vehicle to go into reduce power mode. I moved the values up and got the reduce power to go away. I don't think I can tune around it. I'm going to check the throttle body. I tuned two 14 supercharged c7. no issues like this. This is the first 15. I'm thinking more toward a mechanical issue.

Tuner in Training
    Question, your MAF2 is all 0... I could be wrong but when I initially using 2.24 tune my car, Change MAF will not update MAF2 thus cause car ran like crap. something internal was fighting with each other. once upgrade to 2.25 and when change MAF, MAF2 will get update same info . Car immediately ran 100 times better. that is just first thing i notice.

If you break out the baro sensor (Get 3 bar map replace with the stock one and use the stock one connect to wires for BARO in MAF), your P2229 shouldn't need to be disabled.

may need to change (engine diagnosis>Airflow>Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor) High Volt Test to DISABLE

and near that parameter, should be a throttle position sensor P2101 positive and negative, set both to 100%

I also noticed your rev limiter is set at 7000 rpm... isnt that a bit high?

Your desire ECT is set lower than your thermostat, does your fan always running as soon as you turn on the car?

I am still learning and this are just few things i went through myself you may take a look at them. let me know how it turn out
    Last edited by lsp408; 08-14-2015 at 10:39 PM.

I looked at your file, DD is way to low, that's why the Throttle only opens to low Throttle angles. Increase DD by about 20% at WOT and relog

14 Gen 5 Viper

PE Mode is way too lean, add some fuel to that rig

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by css View Post
    Stock vehicle besides a east coast supercharger. Don't know what I'm missing. But the throttle will not read past 43 percent.
    stock file and supercharged file attached.
    Ever figure out problem? Having similar issue on 2015 Silverado with turbo

It's in the DD, peak tq table most likely.

Tuner
    Engine Diag -> P0068 (Max everything out)

Engine Diag -> DTC -> P2227 , P2228 , P2229 , P2230 (Set to No Error Reported, uncheck SES enable)

No need to touch the Driver Demand values , that just changes the throttle curve.
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by nkautz View Post
    Engine Diag -> P0068 (Max everything out)

Engine Diag -> DTC -> P2227 , P2228 , P2229 , P2230 (Set to No Error Reported, uncheck SES enable)

No need to touch the Driver Demand values , that just changes the throttle curve.
    Just my experience:

Set P0068 test enable RPM over your rev limiter
    don't need to max the other tables

if you break out your TIAP sensor into a baro sensor then you also don't need to disable the baro codes as you will retain a functional baro sensor

the 100% row of the driver demand table can be too low and cause the throttle not to open

Tuner in Training
    Played with them made no difference. ... but I actually got the truck working

Quote Originally Posted by 05gmcsierra View Post
    Played with them made no difference. ... but I actually got the truck working
    Thanks for letting us know what you did to fix it. After all, that's the point of the forums.....take but don't give back.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Thanks for letting us know what you did to fix it. After all, that's the point of the forums.....take but don't give back.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    i did nothing i got the stock file and started over.. also a buddy emailed support since beta didnt have pratio tables and that got added. truck seems to be opening throttle just fine now. will be on the dyno in a few hes ill report back it problem persists.

What was map reading when full throttle?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]