Thread: Vehicle with E67 and T42 with 4L80E

Advanced Tuner

Vehicle with E67 and T42 with 4L80E

Hey, I am wondering if there is a vehicle that came stock with a E67 ECM and T42 TCM with a 4L80E transmission?
    Thank you,

Nope.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    I bet Dave knows how to make it work though. Don't ya Dave?

Advanced Tuner
    Well, the truck is all up and done, just came to me for some work and tuning. So when I dyno'd his truck I noticed that it had no timing in it at WOT and it was saying Spark Trq Mgt Type was Trans. So I figured I would try here to see that first. But its a LSA with a 4L80E in a Colorado running a 5.3L Colorado ECU with is E67 T42. The truck runs and drives fine other than at idle it sometimes throws the Speedometer up in MPH causing it to kick out of idle tables while still at idle and it pulls timing at WOT and all trq mgt is disabled in the ECU.

There's definitely TM parameters in the T42 that HP Tuners hasn't mapped. I haven't had any luck in them pursuing it though. I have nothing to offer them to help, and I know they're busy... Plus I'm probably the only one who has ever complained and asked. I don't think they view the T42 as important. Email them a log and the tune. Maybe if more people chime in, it'll get investigated.

Advanced Tuner
    Alright, thank you very much for the information. I will definitely get that to them.

If you are running the 80 with 60 programming (and wired or adapter'd appropriately), you have to remove the ISS LOW INPUT DTC P0717. If P0717 is not available currently in HPT, contact me outside of the board and I can setup the T42 so that you can use it. Also, in the trans diag tab, max out the 1870 test temp so that it doesn't run. You will get your spark back, but unfortunately that part is most likely the ISS low (again, assuming you are wired to run an 80 off of 60 programming).
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    I am back to messing with this truck again, after doing a lot of other work for the guy.

Still having the same issue, has Spark Torque Management(Trans) pulling timing while WOT. Even at times the ETC Torque Management(Trans) will close throttle.

Wondering if anymore information has been discovered on this issue for 4L80E/4L85E swaps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you edited anything related to abuse mode, put it back to stock.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, I did change the abuse settings.

I will put it back to stock settings and try it out.

Thanks, I will post back with results.

Advanced Tuner
    So I just tested the truck out of the road, with putting the stock settings back into the abuse mode tables.

And sure enough, that fixed it.

That is just to crazy, but thank you very much for the help.

Do you know why that is, that by changing the abuse mode settings it would do that? I had all the abuse mode tables zero'd. Thinking if it entered abuse mode then it wouldn't pull timing or close throttle but it did the opposite.

Tuner
    Bringing this back. My truck is a 2008 TBSS with a twin turbo LS2 and a 4L80E (E67 and T42). After spending a day with the Tech 2 and flashing numerous OSes, the T42 is running proper 4L80E code, as I was able to find an OS for the E67 and one for the T42 that worked together in the TBSS.

I've got something similar happening. It was pulling timing and closing the throttle until I returned the abuse stuff back to stock. Now it doesn't try to close the throttle, but it's still pulling timing when at WOT. I've searched and tried multiple things, but it still keeps pulling timing - usually when it starts to really build power. And the source is always "Trans". I've tried a write entire on both controllers.

Is there anything else I can check?
    Last edited by eclipse5302; 08-14-2017 at 06:45 PM.
    2007 Trailblazer SS - LS2 | S256sx + S256sx | E85 | Built 4L80-E
    1991 Olds Cutlass Supreme International Sedan - L67 | GT35R | E85 | Built 4T65-E HD | NO2

2007 TBSS 4L80E.hpt

Here is a TBSS file with a working 4L80e TCM calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse5302 View Post
    Bringing this back. My truck is a 2008 TBSS with a twin turbo LS2 and a 4L80E (E67 and T42). After spending a day with the Tech 2 and flashing numerous OSes, the T42 is running proper 4L80E code, as I was able to find an OS for the E67 and one for the T42 that worked together in the TBSS.

I've got something similar happening. It was pulling timing and closing the throttle until I returned the abuse stuff back to stock. Now it doesn't try to close the throttle, but it's still pulling timing when at WOT. I've searched and tried multiple things, but it still keeps pulling timing - usually when it starts to really build power. And the source is always "Trans". I've tried a write entire on both controllers.

www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse5302 View Post

if you don't mind, I'm right now in the process of doing the same, what e67 and t42 OS did you use that worked together? thank you.

Potential Tuner
    Hello did you ever find out what operating system worked?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathansauto01 View Post
    Hello did you ever find out what operating system worked?
    For what year and platform E67? The TBSS will work with the 07 Suburban 80E and 08-09 Express Van 80E.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned