Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6R80 Adaptive Slip Table Axis Labels

Tuner in Training

6R80 Adaptive Slip Table Axis Labels

Is it just me, or are the axis labels for the tables in Auto Shift Properties > Adaptive not defined for anyone? I have attached an image to show what I am looking at. My car is a 2014 Mustang GT 6R80 and I am looking at the stock tune I pulled from the car, strategy FSFD1A5. Maybe I am just missing something since I am very new at this, but no tune I have opened has the axis labels for these tables defined and I have seen plenty of tunes that have changes made in these tables. I am running the latest 2.25 beta, which is 2.25.2322 as of today, and I update to the latest at least weekly.

Thanks for any insight on this.

trans tables.PNG
    Last edited by mejohn50; 08-13-2015 at 07:16 PM.

mine arent defined either on the f150 application

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    mine arent defined either on the f150 application
    Any idea what the X and Y axis labels would be. I see all kinds of tunes, like the Roush tunes, have these adjusted all over the place. Would like to know what each row and column is before I go in and start making changes.

Thanks.

The X and Y axis for these tables are handled differently than the standard way that Ford does them, and our current editor does not support this method, though I have asked for it to be added in a future version.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    The X and Y axis for these tables are handled differently than the standard way that Ford does them, and our current editor does not support this method, though I have asked for it to be added in a future version.
    Thanks for chiming in on this Eric. Can you give a little detail on how they are handled? Like I said, I am very new at this and I am trying to learn. I have a pretty good idea of what these tables do, just want to know what is actually going on.

Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't see that this has ever been added but it seems to be important to trans tuning. Any news on this? I'm using beta 3.7 and there are no X and Y axis values yet...

Switched to VCM Suite 4 and this is still not fixed - I had high hopes...

Advanced Tuner
    Bumping this. Does anyone know what the axis for these tables are yet. I find it hard to believe that no one knows!
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    Bumping this. Does anyone know what the axis for these tables are yet. I find it hard to believe that no one knows!
    I don't know exactly how the axis are laid out but i know changing them on the lower or right of the table seemed to work for higher load/RPM or pressure or a combo of all three. The middle of the table seemed to come into affect during very light throttle areas also. It could be going left to right or top to bottom though as well. I'm playing with it as we speak i'll know more in a week.

Some say it's oil temp vs rpm some say it's torque vs rpm but that doesn't bother me at all.

What bothers me it's been like that for a 10 years...

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Some say it's oil temp vs rpm some say it's torque vs rpm but that doesn't bother me at all.

What bothers me it's been like that for a 10 years...
    I agree this is something that should have been taken care of by now. I wish i could at least log trans pressure, or any of the solenoid pressures for that matter. I'm throwing darts blindfolded here.

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    I agree this is something that should have been taken care of by now. I wish i could at least log trans pressure, or any of the solenoid pressures for that matter. I'm throwing darts blindfolded here.
    6r80 has no pressure sensors - it's inferred.

Ford is inferring the world - I wan't to see inferred spark advance next..it should be there but...

6r80 has no pressure sensors - it's inferred.

Ford is inferring the world - I wan't to see inferred spark advance next..it should be there but...
    Well if you know your fluids temp and its specific properties you can infer its flow/pressure pretty accurately. But I think it's stupid to do it on a trans where it's based on a solenoids current/amperage. What if that solenoid is going bad or is bad...... I just saw a guy post on the diesel forums who just had his third valve body replaced and is still having issues, that should tell you something about this inferred data and how well it works for diagnosing issues lol.

Does not need to go bad - oh no no just fill it improperly like 2-3mm off and you are already in trouble...

Fuel pressure, EGT, MAP, engine oil temp, trans line pressure, barro - waiting for them to remove knock sensors feck it should be OK with those 60 tables right...

Does not need to go bad - oh no no just fill it improperly like 2-3mm off and you are already in trouble...

Fuel pressure, EGT, MAP, engine oil temp, trans line pressure, barro - waiting for them to remove knock sensors feck it should be OK with those 60 tables right...
    I actually recently dealt with that exact issue, my 6r140 was low on fluid straight from ford. I was chasing my tail and couldn't see anything wrong with the tune, i kept making changes and it was good for a little and randomly not. I thought it's gotta be in the adaptive's, because after flashing when warm it wouldn't do it right away. This is because the level would rise enough to act normal when warm. The night i figured it out i was on my way home leaving a family members house on a hilly road and noticed, It would only slip when it was cold and going up a hill. Checked the level the next day and it was barley on the bottom of the dip stick. I'm currently about to see if ford will warranty, it if not i will buy a upgraded GPZ clutch pack and rebuild it myself.

6r140 is a heavy turd to work with - taking that center section out of case will give you some cancer LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Eric - is it even possible?

6r140 is a heavy turd to work with - taking that center section out of case will give you some cancer LOL
    Lol yes it is and i'm always excited to work on one! Not...... lol, I wish i could log turbine speed and current gear ratio on the 17+ trucks like the 16 and older so i could see if it is slipping or not. Since i've filled the trans it's been acting very normal but i can't take that as not slipping at all.

times like this I am LOOOOVING my Quick6 controller.

Quote Originally Posted by sportinawoody View Post
    times like this I am LOOOOVING my Quick6 controller.
    That's only a viable solution for a personal setup IMO. If you tune cars frequently it's not a financially reasonable solution.