Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 gt mustang idle airflow

Tuner in Training

2013 gt mustang idle airflow

So I'm working on getting my cj/scj setup to idle. Can someone explain the idle airflow settings and what ones I should be looking at. I can't get the car to idle for the life of me longer then a couple of seconds.

Tuner in Training
    Here is my current tune, its a work in process, just working on getting it to hold and idle and cruise so I can dial in the maf at this point.

2013 cj scj, 47's, Limiters, rev 1.hpt
    Last edited by murica; 08-15-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    did you setup your DBW settings for the new throttle?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    I copied them from the scj tune I found on the tune repository.

Tuner in Training
    Going to start over on the tune, I must of accidentally changed something somewhere. The stock tune will at least hold an idle for a little while and my current tune would just fire and shut off.

Tuner
    I tried to look over your tune, but the file said it was part of a remote tuning network I wasn't part of and wouldn't open.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Ya it did that to me too once and I updated my beta version I think.

Ok so update, figured out what my old username/password was so I'm actually the same person who started the thread. Any who I started back over from scratch and only changed what I needed to get the car to at least idle and it does somewhat. I believe I need to change a few things as far as headers go in the tune but I don't remember what it was. Can anyone help me out there.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redline5.0 View Post
    Ok so update, figured out what my old username/password was so I'm actually the same person who started the thread. Any who I started back over from scratch and only changed what I needed to get the car to at least idle and it does somewhat. I believe I need to change a few things as far as headers go in the tune but I don't remember what it was. Can anyone help me out there.
    biggest changes from what I can remember would be in the O2 transport delay learn area, and would increase the cat protection temps if you have it enabled. I know some people make some minor (read .00X) changes in the o2 closed loop bias in the cruise load range, but pretty sure that can be dialed in the MAF period table. Not sure if I am forgetting anything or not. Ill take a look at the tables when I get back to my tuning laptop later on.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Ok so I was still fighting it to hold an idle. So for shits and giggles I tried the maf settings from the scj file and the periods and it idles like a boss. At least I'm getting somewhere finally. Just need to dial in the headers, and cams now and I'm sure the scj tb will have some driveabality to iron out.

^let us know how it goes, do you have the twin or mono blade?

Monoblade, its a real bish lol.

^yup

Ok got the car to idle decent and went for a drive. Drives pretty smooth for the first time out but I have a few questions. Even though the idle is set to 800 it likes to creep up for 880 and sometimes it will surge a little bit. Next thing I have a m6 car and if I let out of the throttle completely it just holds the rpm till the clutch is pressed in rather then decal. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix these 2 things?

Still haven't figured out what settings I need to play with to get my decel to work instead of act like a cruise control lol. Also what dbw settings do I need to look at to make the pedal require more input. Right now I barely hit the gas and its taking off.

Tuner
    This isn't going to be much help, but I was reading one of Greg Banish's book last night and he mentioned this exactly (letting off the throttle, but car not decelerating). He referred to it as dashpot. I think all tuning software calls it something (dis)similar.

This link mentions it https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_ed...d_eng_idle.htm and this one more recent (and contextual) mentions it as well http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ning-Questions Eric's last reply mentions Torque Based decel instead of dashpot.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...decel-question
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Torque-Source

Hope this offers some help.

Advanced Tuner
    He is using torque based decel, which disables all dashpot settings, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    He is using torque based decel, which disables all dashpot settings, I think.
    Correct I think I tried the scj settings where the torque based decal was disabled and used dashpot settings and that didn't work worth a crap. I just don't know what I need to change in the torque based decal to make it work.

Still fighting this dam monoblade tb or something else not sure. So when coming to a stop the idle likes to dip way down like it wants to die then will correct it's self and kind of surge a bit till it smooths out. When all of that is happen in prolly 3-5 seconds the exhaust sounds completely different like the cams arn't open up but all of a sudden it smooths out and sounds normal again. Is there any vct settings I should be looking at that might also be causing my idle issues?

Little update, I disabled torque based decel and copied over the dashpot settings from the scj tune. A few more tweaks and the idle will be perfect now, no more dropping down to 300 rpms when coasting or stopping.