Thread: VCM Scanner / Editor mis-match (TPS): Who has the secret decoder ring?

Tuner in Training

VCM Scanner / Editor mis-match (TPS): Who has the secret decoder ring?

Does anyone know how to see or calculate what the ECM is actually using for TPS?

TPS seems like a simple enough concept in the editor, and is used as an input parameter for lots of things like shift points, PE enable, and DoD enable to name a few, but there are so many TPS PIDs in the scanner to choose from and none of them seem to match the "0%-100%" range in the editor or have values that back-correlate to what the editor shows as being required to produce the outputs I get.

Case in point:
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT with stock tune file (attached) shows "DoD TPS max" of 6%, with text "TPS must be below this for DoD to enable". Sounds reasonable, but I see instances where this isn't the case, at least not with the TPS PIDs I could find, but maybe there is a PID or some formula I'm missing?

At 1:33.460 in the attached scan file, DoD gets enabled but none of the TPS values I could find are below 6%:
    SAE TPS: 30%
    ETC TPS 1 and 2: 9.4%
    Commanded ETC TPS: 24%
    Relative TPS: 17%
    ETC desired: 30%

Another interesting point is at WOT, not all of the TPS values go to 100% (see 1:19.014)
    SAE TPS: 84%
    ETC TPS 1 and 2: 39%
    Commanded ETC: 100%
    Relative TPS: 71%
    ETC desired: 100%

Is anyone able to make sense of this and solve the mystery of what TPS PIDs are relevant and what the ECM is actually processing for TPS?
    Attached Files Attached Files